E-Cig Ban, Why Can't MCFC stand up and be counted

SWP's back said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
SWP's back said:
They are complaining about not being able to something that isn't banned and is perfectly legal.

As I said before, if they banned alcohol in the stadium, would you simply say "just go teetotal or if you wish to drink then just do so but not for 2 hours in the ground"?

After all, drinking is more harmful to you than an ecig is.

-- Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:00 pm --

You don't smoke them. I tried and it melted.

You also don't understand that they are not there to "wean smokers off proper cigs". And why should they follow the same rules? That is like saying that people shouldn't be able to drink cola or coffee in places where no alcohol is allowed.

no it isn't, you can't replace stimulants and say it's the same, the whole image of smoking is as important an issue as the health risks and "vaping" makes it look cool to kids and encourages them to not only just try vaping but other things as well, which they shouldn't have access to or be doing.
So you are saying it is a gateway drug?

It's primarily an addictive drug but I would suspect in some cases it would be a gateway to try stronger stuff and in the future be a gateway to start flirting with cigarettes because they start on e-cigs under the misapprehension that it's safe.

I fully agree with the OP.
I have been using an ecig for well over a 12 months, I had a 20 a day cigarette habit that had lasted over 30 years.
Peoples opinions of vaping can be very misguided, cast iron facts can be very difficult to find. Hearsay and conjecture seem to handily back up misconceptions.
I don't use my ecig within the confines of the ground because it is against the rules and regulations. This in my opinion is unfair, however these are the rules and I will not put my season ticket at risk by breaking the rules.
Where ecigs are not banned I will use it.
I left my house on Saturday morning and used it in the taxi on the way to the station. On the platform, on the train and in City Square before the game. No one asked me what it was or to stop using it.
A lot of people do not have a problem with them, I would imagine nobody would have a problem with them if you did not exhale clouds of vapour when using them. Electronic cigarettes are so good at mimicking smoking that they even seem to fool the fools and the narrow minded.
City have banned e cigarettes as they fear steward intervention if it appears that someone is smoking. I am sure there are sensible solutions that could be implemented if there was a willingness to do so.
Some people seem eager to criticize e cigarette users, I'm not sure why this is. Stopping smoking and starting vaping has changed my life, and the lives of people near and dear to me.

So for the sake of sticking with house rules - lets think hypothetically...

City fancy being the first club to really promote a healthy image and go all out to ban Alcohol anywhere on or near the ground. Would their be a riot or would we all just suck it up and abide like the cigarette ban?<br /><br />-- Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:36 pm --<br /><br />So for the sake of sticking with house rules - lets think hypothetically...

City fancy being the first club to really promote a healthy image and go all out to ban Alcohol anywhere on or near the ground. Would their be a riot or would we all just suck it up and abide like the cigarette ban?

Fully agree with op, makes no sense at all. I would set up stall next to the smokey toilet everyone is always goin on about and sell disposable e cigs , everyone happy. Why are people so nasty.

I vaped all the way through Cardiff game next to a steward and it was no problem, he didn't think it was a cig because he wasn't completely stupid, to start with it didn't smell of smoke and wasn't burning.

Again this argument has come back and people are saying 'how do you fly on planes'. They sell the fucking things to you on a plane and brag about how wonderful it it is, you fuckwits. These things haven't become popular because they are healthier, they are suddenly around because smoking is illegal in public places. Vaping is not illegal, for city to ban is highly questionable, and for the smart arse cunts on here to say it is fine is just pathetic, because it effects you in no way.

Passive fucking smoking itself is only relevant in a closed space, you breath in just as many harmful chemicals on a busy road, sitting next to a smoker at the football. Wankers, I fucking hate humans sometimes. My clothes smell, fuck off you twats.

MC ID said:
Have you tried not smoking?

Just give up....If you really want to- you will. No will power or real desire to stop if you can't do it. E cig or not.
If you haven't got the will power as seems the case- chew some nico gum.

I am a vaper it's been great in the sense I don't now cough up gunk the house smells much better and I feel so much better. I just wonder if the ban is due to the fact cartomiser based e-cig's look like the real thing? I started on them now I'm on an e-liquid based system which looks nothing like the real thing as the picture shows. The cartomiser one glows orange when I inhale on CCTV it would look like I'm smoking.
20130903_081615_zps0bec365a.jpg

People should be encouraged to get off real cig's but blanket bans on e-cigs only serve to hinder the efforts of people to stop inhaling 1000's of harmful chemicals as well as creating the risks for others via passive smoking. This is where E-cigs are of course different it's water vapour and a safer alternative

Ridiculous decision to ban a perfectly legal product that is causing no harmful effects to any fucker.

I'm a non smoker as well.

SWP's back said:
the originalkippaxman said:
SWP's back said:
Here's a novel idea, perhaps some people just don't want to?

If you don't want to give up then enjoy every minute of it. But why are people still complaining about not being able to do something that is banned. It is 2 hours of the day. If those people complaining cant last 2 hours they have more serious problems than an E-Cig.
They are complaining about not being able to something that isn't banned and is perfectly legal.

As I said before, if they banned alcohol in the stadium, would you simply say "just go teetotal or if you wish to drink then just do so but not for 2 hours in the ground"?

After all, drinking is more harmful to you than an ecig is.

I don't doubt that but then again I don't have the urge to rush to the bar in a 15 minute interval throw a pint of piss down me throat just because it is alcohol. I can generally wait till after the game and do a shit load in town instead at a lot less cost.

As mentioned before each to their own.

blueinsa said:
Ridiculous decision to ban a perfectly legal product that is causing no harmful effects to any fucker.

I'm a non smoker as well.

Thanks to you and all the other fair minded and honest people who have posted similarly, and just to add some reasonable debate, many Hospitals have no issues with them at all, and maybe they should know, I was informed recently that 'Christies' actively allow their use on their premises by patients, however it still appears that the ill informed and those who are able to use threats of banning people or seizing their season tickets if their rules are not obeyed, seem to have no intention of discussing the matter because 'we make the rules' so if you want to be part of what we do you will follow them, like it or lump it.
And just one final thing, on a reason episode of a sports review programme it stated several obviously more forward thinking and liberal football clubs are not only embracing e-cigs and promoting their use at their grounds, but have actually been handing them out free to smokers before games.

It comes across a little as just wanting what you can't have.

I'm sure that those who use them have attended games without using them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.