Newquay Pubs

The Fat el Hombre said:
Off to Newquay for a stag do tomorrow, really don't wanna go. Googled the nightlife and it looks like it's full of whoppers ("you should fit right in" - yes I know I should). Probably gonna swerve the club in all honesty so does anyone know of any decent pubs/bars round there? Also, a good place to watch england?

Was there last Friday for the night, I'm fairly sure the football was on in Central Bar but we had a drink outside. I was with my mrs and she commented that there no women about, anywhere, just stag do's, of course I replied that "I've not realy noticed love".

We ended up in Walkabout near the harbour, again full of lads but there was a 3piece band on, not bad as it happens, played the right sort of stuff. We were all done by about 1am but there were still plenty about as walked back through town.

A lot of this communal dressing up lark going on there, it's getting ridiculous, these men are eroding our masculinity. Needs stamping out!!

-dabz- said:
My brother moved down there a few years back, he drinks in a bar called Berties.
Spent nearly a fortnight drinking in Berties while on a lads holiday in...... 1979, they used to have a disco at lunch time it was all in darkness once inside, so it felt like night time after a couple of drinks. Problem was back then they had to close at 3pm until the evening, which meant dozens of pissed up teenagers spilling on to the high street as all the happy families were strolling by without a care in the world.

I know this is not out of the ordinary these days but 30odd yrs ago it was unusual in this country.

Pigeonho said:
There's a walkabout on the front which usually looks busy, then there are loads of pub/bars on the streets leading up to it. I've only ever been with my kids and i've always felt gutted I couldn't go in with them and get wanked.

Don't forget your Ferdi # 5 hat

I say...

york away to this! said:
Pigeonho said:
There's a walkabout on the front which usually looks busy, then there are loads of pub/bars on the streets leading up to it. I've only ever been with my kids and i've always felt gutted I couldn't go in with them and get wanked.

I say...
Is that you, Michael La Velle?

Pigeonho said:
york away to this! said:
Pigeonho said:

I say...
Is that you, Michael La Velle?

If that's what you want to call me... would you like to see some puppies? ;)

Its fookin stag do central mate...although it's quieter now the tourists have gone,really can't recommend any of the town pubs at night ,they will be full of weirdly dressed wankers as someone else says..and with the footy on,it is to be avoided! Different story in the daytime though.looks like you ain't gonna avoid sailors and central,fook that,if I were you I would taxi it out to perranporth,where there's some good boozers with limited chavs,there's the twy,seiners,the watering hole all on the beach or by it...failing that in newquay,you could try the red lion on the harbour,the fort,which is anti mongs,but family orientated,the cribbar will be ok early doors, I would do anything to avoid that walkabout shithole,but stag do hq...its a nice place though,just attracts shitheads at night that spoil it,the police have clamped down a lot lately,but it takes time..I reckon if you think about it you will have a good time,ask the taxi drivers to take you to a good boozers,there are some good ones about,away from central!! Have fun and dodge n weave haha

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fow.ly%2FoAlor&h=2AQHv-z_gAQGyE-1DttJYmCZtEilgAv1D8u0X7PcD6ietBg&s=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A ... 6ietBg&s=1</a>

blutone3 said:
Its fookin stag do central mate...although it's quieter now the tourists have gone,really can't recommend any of the town pubs at night ,they will be full of weirdly dressed wankers as someone else says..and with the footy on,it is to be avoided! Different story in the daytime though.looks like you ain't gonna avoid sailors and central,fook that,if I were you I would taxi it out to perranporth,where there's some good boozers with limited chavs,there's the twy,seiners,the watering hole all on the beach or by it...failing that in newquay,you could try the red lion on the harbour,the fort,which is anti mongs,but family orientated,the cribbar will be ok early doors, I would do anything to avoid that walkabout shithole,but stag do hq...its a nice place though,just attracts shitheads at night that spoil it,the police have clamped down a lot lately,but it takes time..I reckon if you think about it you will have a good time,ask the taxi drivers to take you to a good boozers,there are some good ones about,away from central!! Have fun and dodge n weave haha

Funny how perceptions can differ, I can only concur with all you say except for the Walkabout, I bow to your superior local knowledge and accept my own experience was based on just a couple of hours. There could well have been stag parties in there but I honestly never felt there were any problems, we probably would only have stayed for one swift drink but the atmosphere was bang on, so we stayed and got on the doubles, no complaints.
Did have one in Cribbar earlier but it was near empty, Sailors was busy but not the place for me.

Im working down here at the moment. Best place to watch match is walkabout, Berties,Sailors or Newquay Arms. Best pub for a drink and something to eat is Red Lion. Best bar is Chy Bar and for club go The Koola Bar next to Chy. Gonna piss down all weekend!

Tbh, I will be doing all I can to avoid walkabout. I appreciate your input nw42 but from my experience walkabouts, yates', jumpin jacks etc should be avoided at all costs no matter where in the universe they reside.

Not looking forward to this weekend at all. We're getting on it from 10 am in the minibus, I might just watch the england game then get an early night in

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.