NFL 2014

Re: Bluemoon NFL Fantasy Draft Sunday Sept 1st 8pm

alib said:
thanks for explaining that

my view is that once the week's games have started then no-one should be able to change their teams

I see someone picked up the Broncos tight end in the middle of the night , which I guess is the sort of thing you are on about?

That was me.

I picked him in the bench though, for the future and as a replacement to one of my bench players that is out for 3 weeks with injuries. Thus, his performance did not affect my overall score. But yes the decision to pick him was based on his performance during the game.

Blueband Brother said:
alib said:
thanks for explaining that

my view is that once the week's games have started then no-one should be able to change their teams

I see someone picked up the Broncos tight end in the middle of the night , which I guess is the sort of thing you are on about?

That was me.

I picked him in the bench though, for the future and as a replacement to one of my bench players that is out for 3 weeks with injuries. Thus, his performance did not affect my overall score. But yes the decision to pick him was based on his performance during the game.

I did the same thing this morning in division 2. Again, his performance doesn't affect my score this week.

I think the waiver rule should be brought in, its only fair and in the spirit of the NFL.

Someone picked up Julius Thomas after his 2TD 110yard game.
By right he should have gone on the waiver wire.

Yeah go back to the default, fair play to the guy that picked Thomas up straight away.

onerbag said:
I think the waiver rule should be brought in, its only fair and in the spirit of the NFL.

Someone picked up Julius Thomas after his 2TD 110yard game.
By right he should have gone on the waiver wire.
Says the guy who obviously went on to pick him up lol

City Raider said:
ok if no one disagrees i'll change settings when next log in - broncos te can be the one exception!

Just leave it as it is for me.

You have to think that all these players were not actually wanted by anybody in the draft to start with so not sure why it matters if somebody switches a couple of players because of injury.

I did swap somebody last night (not sure if it was this league), I was in bed and didn't realise the games started this week tbh, had to get up and set my team up and noticed that I hadn't got round to changing the kicker that has mrsa in his toe, so picked up a kicker that got 9 points in the end.

Are people that insecure in their own teams that they need to play against a team with a man missing to win a game.

All for fun at the end of the day lads.<br /><br />-- Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:31 pm --<br /><br />I see I am too late to object but then is that fair to make these decisions when folk are out at work with no access to the internet.

Just saying :)

hmm - i'm not sure you understand the rule?

you would still be able to change your team if you have injured players, right up to kick off time (see league, i've just done one) - it's not as if all players are locked for the rest of the weekend, they only get locked at game time.

All this does is stop you from picking up a player DURING his game, so everyone has a chance to bid for a star performer and it's not first come first served

Plus if you now drop a player, everyone has 24 hours to request an interest in him

For a full explanation, click on 'My Fantasy' - go to Fantasy help and read Transactions section.

I hope that explains.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.