Your worst ever city moment?

Ben Watson's goal. Booked a hotel in Landan straight after the Chelsea game because I wanted a night out in Landan after it. Was convinced we had won the FA cup. More fool me. Ended up fucking off after the game to the hotel and drinking on my own. Couldn't even put the television on.

owen in the 4-3 - me and my dad were sat right next to the rags for that one. Not good

Not quite a moment but the 5 nil midweek derby loss in the mid 90's. Maybe ince spinning the ball on his finger as he was announced MOTM

Sven being sacked was a very low point too. I always thought City were one day going to be good but when we sacked Sven I just felt that whatever we did we would always shoot ourselves in the foot and end up shit. Couple of months later ADUG take over and the rest is history!

Was there at the 2-2 draw vs liverpool but the relegations didn't bother me a great deal as a kid, cos I just assumed that we'd win a lot more games in a lower division (wrong again!). The stoke one was worse even though we weren't there because by that point it was becoming a great, great worry as to how fucking awful we were becoming, and the seemingly inevitable point of no return. As a kid I started to lose interest in football at this point

The pathetic performance in the cup final is right ip there......

I thought those City performances were a thing of the past, gone forever. How wrong I was.

But for a single moment that owen goal was a real sickener.

Gillingham's second goal in the play-off final. I just couldn't see a way back for us and I wondered whether the club would even survive another year in football's 3rd tier. Even when Horlock got a goal back I just remember thinking "too little, too late".

About 5 mins later came one of the best ever moments following City.

Too many to choose from.

1-2 down to QPR.
Owen, 97th minute to make it 4-3.
Rooney's goal in extra time, league cup semi.

To be honest though my number 1 would have to be losing to Swansea in the title winning season. That game, for me, was the final nail in the coffin. We'd thrown it away. Mancini had bottled it. We were down and out, dead and buried. We'd handed them lot the title on a silver fucking platter. 1-5 against spurs, 1-6 against the rags, all gone to waste. That year was our chance and we'd let it slip. How wrong was I.

Midweek game, not of great importance, against Port Vale, we lost 2-3, and were lucky to get the 2. It had been a nightmare to get to the game from work, and the football made it seem completely futile, not sure if i am confusing games but i'm fairly sure it was just after Kinky's car crash and his man marker kept on slapping his back. Before the game my mind set was the only way is up, we couldnt get much lower, after the game there was a horrible realisation we had a way to fall yet. I remember feeling sick, physically sick and had to stop by the Parkside as i thought i was going to throw up. The whole journey home and most of the sleepless night, was a why do i bother with this? A lot of us have been there i'm sure.

Had another moment not of despair but utter boredom under Pearce, thinking this isnt worth the time or money, seriously thought about not renewing at the end of that season, but by the time the renewal came around i filled it in and sent it back like a good little follower.

Two moments for me...
reaching the 90th minute 2-1 down to QPR
reaching the 89th minute 2-0 down to Gillingham

Notice the theme here, 5 minutes later in both were the best moments of my City supporting life!

City v Pompey a few years back being called off.. after my wife and son flew 10k miles to watch the match...

cup final last year was pretty ugly after dropping 5k on plane tickets, hotels, etc etc

doesnt much matter though.. nothing can take away being there for the QPR match 13 May

Raddy Antic scoring in 1983 to send us down and Pleat dancing on the pitch when we should never have been in that position. 1998 wasn't anywhere near as bad as that.

Swales should have been chucked off the Kippax roof then instead of having to endure 10 more years of false hopes and disappointment.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.