Wifi At Etihad Stadium

MCFC-alan88 said:
Eccles Blue said:
I have a confession to make:

a) I am well over 50 and not only do I know how to use the internet and computers but I used to teach other people how to use them!! So I am not afraid to press OK!!

b) I have an iPhone and use it when it is appropriate but not every second of every day.

c) When I go to the Etihad stadium (formerly COMS) I go to watch a football match not to play around with my phone.

d) MCFC2112 who said it could "be dangerous in certain circumstances" not to be able to use your phone. What circumstances would that be? If you are taken ill at a match they have the St John's Ambulance people there, if you are needed back home they have the public address system and police back up. How do you think they managed before we had mobile phones?

e) Like the people who ask smokers why they can't go 90/120 minutes without a smoke I am asking why people with mobile phones can't manage for 90/120 minutes without them? (I am not and never have been a smoker so have no firm views on that situation because I have never experienced it.)

As always just my humble opinion(s).

If you read what most people are posting, they're not interested about connections during the game itself.

We're talking about before the game and at half time. I for one, do not want to listen to Hugh Ferris or some shit band screeching like banshees whilst I wait for the game, so I put music on, being able to browse anything of my choosing at the same time would be a bonus.

I did read everything that people posted and if you re-read my post you might find that I replied to those postings!! a) was a response to MCFC-Alan88, b) & c) my own observations from the postings which I'm sure is allowed or de niro or Damocles would have barred me!! d) as it says MCFC2112 and e) the hundreds of posts about smoking!!

But hey if you can't manage for 15 minutes at half time and maybe 10 or 15 minutes before the match you must be another addict to mobile phones!! I never listen to whoever or whatever they have before or at half time. I talk to the people around me, it's a stange concept to some people I realise but I find that discussing what happened in the first half or at away games is quite interesting with real people!!

Again, just my humble opinion!

Eccles Blue said:
MCFC-alan88 said:
Eccles Blue said:
I have a confession to make:

a) I am well over 50 and not only do I know how to use the internet and computers but I used to teach other people how to use them!! So I am not afraid to press OK!!

b) I have an iPhone and use it when it is appropriate but not every second of every day.

c) When I go to the Etihad stadium (formerly COMS) I go to watch a football match not to play around with my phone.

d) MCFC2112 who said it could "be dangerous in certain circumstances" not to be able to use your phone. What circumstances would that be? If you are taken ill at a match they have the St John's Ambulance people there, if you are needed back home they have the public address system and police back up. How do you think they managed before we had mobile phones?

e) Like the people who ask smokers why they can't go 90/120 minutes without a smoke I am asking why people with mobile phones can't manage for 90/120 minutes without them? (I am not and never have been a smoker so have no firm views on that situation because I have never experienced it.)

As always just my humble opinion(s).

If you read what most people are posting, they're not interested about connections during the game itself.

We're talking about before the game and at half time. I for one, do not want to listen to Hugh Ferris or some shit band screeching like banshees whilst I wait for the game, so I put music on, being able to browse anything of my choosing at the same time would be a bonus.

I did read everything that people posted and if you re-read my post you might find that I replied to those postings!! a) was a response to MCFC-Alan88, b) & c) my own observations from the postings which I'm sure is allowed or de niro or Damocles would have barred me!! d) as it says MCFC2112 and e) the hundreds of posts about smoking!!

But hey if you can't manage for 15 minutes at half time and maybe 10 or 15 minutes before the match you must be another addict to mobile phones!! I never listen to whoever or whatever they have before or at half time. I talk to the people around me, it's a stange concept to some people I realise but I find that discussing what happened in the first half or at away games is quite interesting with real people!!

I get to the stadium an hour and a half before the match (as already stated) a lot earlier than the rest of my neighbours. A little longer than 10 or 15 minutes. And I've already mentioned that I'm not a mobile phone addict and if you've ever arrived that early before the match, it's not so easy to just "not listen".

MCFC-alan88 said:
Eccles Blue said:
MCFC-alan88 said:

I get to the stadium an hour and a half before the match (as already stated) a lot earlier than the rest of my neighbours. A little longer than 10 or 15 minutes. And I've already mentioned that I'm not a mobile phone addict and if you've ever arrived that early before the match, it's not so easy to just "not listen".
If you find it so terrible being there that early without internet access, why do you continue to go that early? Not having a dig, just genuinely curious as to why anyone would head into the ground that early.

Eccles Blue said:
I never listen to whoever or whatever they have before or at half time. I talk to the people around me,

How is this possible??? The PA is so loud, you cannot hear the person next to you!!

Toilets?!!!
Why not just shit/piss on the floor where you sit/stand?
Why people cannot go two hours without a shit/piss is beyond me...

While we're at it, they should get rid of the food/beer/betting kiosks. Why people cannot go two hours without eating/drinking is beyond me. And do people really need to place a bet?

While we're at it, they should get rid of the roof. Why people cannot go two hours without getting wet is beyond me.

While we're at it, they should get rid of the score board. Why people cannot go two hours without knowing the score or time left is beyond me.

While we're at it, they should get rid of singing/cheering. Why people cannot go two hours without supporting their club is beyond me.

While we're at it, they should get rid of standing. Why people cannot go two hours without standing up is beyond me.

While we're at it, they should get rid of giving the away fans abuse. Why people cannot go two hours without giving away fans abuse is beyond me.

Oh hang on, the OP was just suggesting that in the absence of a decent 3G data connection City could sort out a free wi-fi connection.
This ISN'T needed to watch a match, just like the above. But it does enhance the time spent at the match for some.
I use my phone to check the latest scores, and the latest City team/line up news.
I don't normally use it during the match, but have used it to monitor other match scores on important match days.

So ok, we get it. Some people don't need "extras" to enjoy the game.

The same people on here calling those people for daring to look at their phone when a game is on, are probably the same people who spend most of the match throwing abuse at the away fans, and never actually watch the match.
I'm in 110, and i am constantly asked who just scored!

I don't use all of the extras all of the time. I can go two hours without any of the above.
Sometimes I eat, sometimes I don't. Sometimes I grab a beer, other times I don't. It's a choice thing...

fulabeer said:
Toilets?!!!
Why not just shit/piss on the floor where you sit/stand?
Why people cannot go two hours without a shit/piss is beyond me...

While we're at it, they should get rid of the food/beer/betting kiosks. Why people cannot go two hours without eating/drinking is beyond me. And do people really need to place a bet?

While we're at it, they should get rid of the roof. Why people cannot go two hours without getting wet is beyond me.

While we're at it, they should get rid of the score board. Why people cannot go two hours without knowing the score or time left is beyond me.

While we're at it, they should get rid of singing/cheering. Why people cannot go two hours without supporting their club is beyond me.

While we're at it, they should get rid of standing. Why people cannot go two hours without standing up is beyond me.

While we're at it, they should get rid of giving the away fans abuse. Why people cannot go two hours without giving aways fans abuse is beyond me.

Oh hang on, the OP was just suggesting that in the absence of a decent 3G data connection City could sort out a free wi-fi connection.
This ISN'T needed to watch a match, just like the above. But it does enhance the time spent at the match for some.
I use my phone to check the latest scores, and the latest City team/line up news.
I don't normally use it during the match, but have used it to monitor other match scores on important match days.

So ok, we get it. Some people don't need "extras" to enjoy the game.

The same people on here calling those people for daring to look at their phone when a game is on, are probably the same people who spend most of the match throwing abuse at the away fans, and never actually watch the match.
I'm in 110, and i am constantly asked who just scored!

I don't use all of the extras all of the time. I can go two hours without any of the above.
Sometimes I eat, sometimes I don't. Sometimes I grab a beer, other times I don't. It's a choice thing...
PMSL. I was going post something along the same lines but couldn't beat that.

robertdanmorris said:
any news on this?

-- Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:22 pm --

any news on this?

As far as I know they've installed some Routers around the stadium???

Someone posted up a pic on here last week showing these boxes attached to the roof of level one,presumably Wifi Access points.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.