Retiring abroad

worsleyweb said:
It's a few years off for me but a definate. My mission is to emigrate in my early 50s before this country is completely destroyed. I honestly am frightened what it will be like in 30 years.

Where would you retire to?

France, Greece, Spain, Italy??

Has anyone actually done it on here.

Your worried about what will happen here so want to go to the loony toon basket case of Europe

wayne71 said:
Ammy said:
Italy
I will grow old ungracefully in Italy

Italy is fantastic, my mate has a house on the border of Umbria and Tuscany and although not for everyone I think its one of the nicest places in the world.
Just finishing a week off in Naples with work. A truelly awful week. I am even now at Naples airport 4 hours early

Its an incredibly long way off for me, but I'll definitely be retiring abroad. In fact, I don't think ill be in the uk much more than ten years. My partner is American, can see us moving in about that timescale.

Probably new York first, but we plan on the mid west, Colorado may be in later life.

I met a brit whilst in the Netherlands. He retired and moved to Haarlem. Hasnt looked back since. Very clean city, as is every city in the Netherlands.

I've sort of retired a few years before 50 and the thought of living abroad for the rest of my life scares me shitless.

I love this country. I like visiting others but I wouldn't want to stay there...apart from maybe New York and Stockholm.

Work hard young bloke, work very hard, hard enough not to start 400 threads a week, save lots of lovely money, don't have any fucking kids, and one day, if you are lucky, you can buy a house in some of the lovely parts of this fantastic country we live in like the New Forest, Cumbria, Cornwall, Devon...etc etc.

You will then have a fantastic sense of achievement in a job well done and can then post all you like on a 95 year old Ric's website/ forum/ cash cow.

Make sure you live within an old mans walking distance from a pub and shop mind.

worsleyweb said:
Ducado said:
worsleyweb said:
Some good points from people more well travelled than me. Maybe it's just because I spent all day in Salford that I feel like like emigrating.

Every big City has it's rough parts, here is a truth that not many people realise when we go on holiday we become virtually blinkered, it's perfectly normal we are there to relax and have a good time, so we block out most of the bad.

Mocha place Salford - you need to visit it. It may have the same effect on you.

I work a little bit down the road from the Mocha, pure Shameless country. Makes Afghanistan look like a nice place to move to.

BimboBob said:
I've sort of retired a few years before 50 and the thought of living abroad for the rest of my life scares me shitless.

I love this country. I like visiting others but I wouldn't want to stay there...apart from maybe New York and Stockholm.

Work hard young bloke, work very hard, hard enough not to start 400 threads a week, save lots of lovely money, don't have any fucking kids, and one day, if you are lucky, you can buy a house in some of the lovely parts of this fantastic country we live in like the New Forest, Cumbria, Cornwall, Devon...etc etc.

You will then have a fantastic sense of achievement in a job well done and can then post all you like on a 95 year old Ric's website/ forum/ cash cow.

Make sure you live within an old mans walking distance from a pub and shop mind.

Very good advice, this.

Anyone who thinks we've got it bad in this country is seriously misguided. We've got everything we could want here. You could have been born in africa, starving, wondering where your next meal was coming from, take a step back and look at the bigger picture.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.