Players that you didn't want city to sign

Vieira was a free transfer, what exactly were people worried about?

To me it was even obvious at the time that he was an experienced head being brought in for squad depth

Der Bomber said:
McMinimum.

What the hell exactly did we pay him weekly? Can't remember, but it was a lot. To my mind that twat needs to write a check for the full amount to the ADG for the whole amount he more or less stole from us while here.

This is another one who in hindsight was rubbish but as the time everybody thought would be a great signing. No city fan thought at the time that this was a bad signing. ! It was only later we discovered he was shit.

A lot of these seem to be written with the benefit of hindsight.

For me, before we signed him I didn't want Bellamy (proved me wrong, great attitude on the pitch and we let him go a season too soon IMO), and I didn't want Negredo or Navas, partly because I just wanted us to stop fucking about and sign Bale and/or Ronaldo. I still do, but the two Spanish lads are looking good signings, so I'm proved wrong again!

Der Bomber said:
McMinimum.

What the hell exactly did we pay him weekly? Can't remember, but it was a lot. To my mind that twat needs to write a check for the full amount to the ADG for the whole amount he more or less stole from us while here.

I remember his brilliant debut V Aston Villa then the subsequent no shows after that game in a blue shirt ....

Andy Cole

Always remember a friend of my brothers had just found while on holiday that his wife had been having an affair and was leaving him when they returned home.

On his return home he went round to my brothers house looking proper shite and on walking down his path said to my brother we need to talk and my brother replies we certainly do "Andy Cole, Andy fucking Cole we have signed Andy fucking Cole"

His mate had lost his wife, his kids, house and his pride and all his m8 was arsed about was signing Andy Cole.

Kun Aguero said:
sh249 said:
mscenterh750 said:
Not ideal but they were needed at the time, and were proven to be shrewd purchases by Howard.

Yep, proved pretty astute (some at least), but didn't want them when they signed.

I wasn't too keen on us getting Clichy (thought he was poor in his last season at Arsenal), but delighted to have been proven wrong. And Kolo Toure - never rated him, even at Arsenal, nothing changed during his time with us. Terrible signing.

Of those who were linked but (thankfully) never came - Christian Dailly. There was a time when he was perennially mentioned as a target - chronically bad player.

Kolo was a terrible signing? wow, first season he was solid. Not outstanding but decent enoughish, next season he was rotated with Lescott(Lescott played against the more physical teams, for example Stoke away, Toure would play the games where the ball was played on the ground, for example Arsenal at home.) he was stupid to take a slimming pill, he came back and was average but last season he was fantastic, was a real leader. I'd have loved him to sign a new contract. For the reported 12 million we paid he was a solid 7/10.
^^^this !

goater1978 said:
Der Bomber said:
McMinimum.

This is another one who in hindsight was rubbish but as the time everybody thought would be a great signing. No city fan thought at the time that this was a bad signing. ! It was only later we discovered he was shit.

look ive been wrong on a few so im not being wise after the event, I DID NOT WANT McManaman
didnt want Hamann didnt want Vieria didnt want Andy Cole ( sorry Andrew ) and i wish i heard of Samaras and Corrardi so i could of not wanted them

bluemc1 said:
goater1978 said:
Der Bomber said:
McMinimum.

look ive been wrong on a few so im not being wise after the event, I DID NOT WANT McManaman
didnt want Hamann didnt want Vieria didnt want Andy Cole ( sorry Andrew ) and i wish i heard of Samaras and Corrardi so i could of not wanted them

after just reading another post yes i will say i was wrong with Bellamy and he became one of my favourites, will say i didnt want Navas and im still holding my judgement on him, yet to see him in 3 games go past his full back, ive seen him get on to a through ball but not beat his man with the ball at his feet and 2 of those games were Newcastle and Hull at home, hope he does a Bellamy and proves me wrong

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.