Lost a bit of interest this season

yayas trusty right foot said:
I am not as interested in football this season,dont know why...

Is it just me or does anybody else feel the same at the moment.

I sort of see where you are at...couple of good games and will be fine..

I am not as interested in football this season,dont know why...

Is it just me or does anybody else feel the same at the moment.

Well that sturred up a hornets nest lol..

People on here have obviously not read the post properly as i was talking about football in general.

I havent at any point in the post slagged off the players, club or the manager...
Then why post it in the main forum? If its about football in general we have a forum for that

I wouldn't say ive lost interest as much as i feel I'm not getting value for money, or that I'm not getting what i was believed to be getting-ie the attacking, dynamic football, saying that, its only 4 games in so i hope things change.
I will be well into £3000+ this season, with the familys season tickets etc and thats not something to take lightly in these times, even though i love city , there has to be a value for money aspect to it-and at the mo its not happening.

Interesting post and something I've been trying to get my own head round recently. I would normally have gone to Stoke & Villa, both away trips which I've always looked forward to. But I just couldn't be arsed this season.

I think it's a combination of things. The money - nearly £50 for most games as a minimum which I can afford but am coming to resent spending.

The time - I'm working away from home so don't want to spend another 8 hours away from home at weekend going to Villa.

My son - we used to go together, which was part of the fun but he's living overseas now.

2011/12 - For me, having watched us for over 40 years, that was a season that encompassed all the emotions that make football so great in the most extreme way. Drama, passion, excitement, hope, nerves, disappointment, the feeling of stomach-churning despair and finally complete and utter ecstasy. And that was just one game! Some of the others that season were just as thrilling as the QPR game. We'll never have a game or season like that again. It's not a case of being spoilt but that was the zenith of my City supporting life (and everyone else's) and that's what most of us will judge the future against. How many games last season did you come away from tingling with excitement? Not many.

The players - We've always loved a player that puts the effort in, even if they're not that great a player. But there are too many players who want the kudos and reward you get for playing for a top club but that don't seem to realise what the responsibilities that come with that are. I just feel I'm watching a bunch of mercenaries who have no connection with the shirt they were or us, the fans. Why should I make an effort just to see them make so little?

The club - it just feels like it's slowly turning into the soulless marketing vehicle that we've so despised the rags for becoming. I understand more and more where people like Colin Shindler are coming from. An avalanche of "exciting customer propositions" designed to rip us off for more and more money for much the same thing we used to get for a lot less.

Football in general - it's become a corrupt, money obsessed business that puts people in armchairs ahead of the game's lifeblood - match-going fans. The Cup Final, which used to be a full-day media event in its own right, is now just the warm-up for Britain's Got Talent or X-Factor.

Probably missed a few minor ones but these are my main bugbears. It's even pathetic on here these days. Everyone so serious and intense and so much petty bickering. I've come seriously close to deleting my account a couple of times.

I'm having a season out this season( not out of choice) and im actually glad of it !. Iv used the money iv saved to pay for a five star holiday in the caribian. Derby is comin up and although I would love to have gone, im not actually that bothered !. I had a few moments last season where I thought 'Its more hassle and money than it's worth'. I love city and love goin to games but its a bit disheartening spending all that time and money when the atmos is so poor. Along with other things I also crashed my car and got caught speeding, so ill enjoy saving my money and becomin an arm chair fan for this season .

I'm sure ill be hungry for it again next season . Can't really comment on how I am about the season as its just started . I'm sure it'll heat up.

Prestwich_Blue said:
2011/12 - For me, having watched us for over 40 years, that was a season that encompassed all the emotions that make football so great in the most extreme way. Drama, passion, excitement, hope, nerves, disappointment, the feeling of stomach-churning despair and finally complete and utter ecstasy. And that was just one game! Some of the others that season were just as thrilling as the QPR game. We'll never have a game or season like that again. It's not a case of being spoilt but that was the zenith of my City supporting life (and everyone else's) and that's what most of us will judge the future against. How many games last season did you come away from tingling with excitement? Not many.

This is exactly how I feel. A few weeks after that momentous day I was thinking to myself, "I'll never ever witness anything like that again. Ever." And it's bothered me ever since. That was a massive reward for the previous 30 years supporting City, but what now? Knowing for a fact that that season and that day will never be repeated? No doubt there are good times ahead, but in a very perverse way, the achievements of 11/12 have put the mockers on my expectations for the future. It's not a case of being spolit, but everything I ever wanted for City, happened.

It is a bewildering state of mind!

Ducado said:
When we get back to winning ways interest will soon pick up, it’s just been a bit flat last season and this season so far

I think that's right. It would be impossible to sustain a constant adrenalin pumped excitement like 11/12 anyway, there were quite a few times that season I honestly felt like I was going to have either a heart attack or a mental breakdown or both. I know that sounds ludicrous but it is the truth despite being an adult with real problems. Things have been flat since both on and off the pitch (probably inevitably off the pitch thinking about it) but if we genuinely start hitting form and looking like we are genuinely in a title challenge, I'd be surprised if most supporters arent now ready to really get up for it again.

Ducado said:
When we get back to winning ways interest will soon pick up, it’s just been a bit flat last season and this season so far

Well said.

Don't forget, this is City. We might bang in 6 goals next home game, who'd want to miss that?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.