Queue For Walk Ups Tonight

Let's have a think shall we?
There are about ten ticket office windows and none of the turnstiles can accept cash payment. This has pretty much been the case for the ten years we've been at the ground.
Longs queues at the ticket office for midweek games have also been the case for ten those ten years.
Yet people still turn up half an hour before kick-off and seem surprised that it's happened again. OK the ticket scheme will reduce the pressure, but surely anybody with more than half a brain cell could guess that tonking the rags would generate a fair bit of walk-up interest.
As a matter of interest; how late can you book online so your card in automatically accepted?

As for ticket prices; Wigan would have to agree to reduced charges as they get a share of the gate.

East Level 2 said:
As a matter of interest; how late can you book online so your card in automatically accepted?

I called at 5.30 to sort out a problem with the card number on the cup scheme. Took me half an hour to get through but they took the payment and I used my ST to get in.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
Sounds like a farce 2bh, ticket staff regardless of the queue should be able to shift a large number of people quickly.

E-tickets on your phone or tablet that you can scan at the gate is the next step. Even automated ticket machines would be quicker.

Bollocks, there's an optimum speed they can serve people at so at some point the number of people queuing and the time left to kick off will make it such that people don't get in for kick off.

kenzie115 said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
Sounds like a farce 2bh, ticket staff regardless of the queue should be able to shift a large number of people quickly.

E-tickets on your phone or tablet that you can scan at the gate is the next step. Even automated ticket machines would be quicker.

Bollocks, there's an optimum speed they can serve people at so at some point the number of people queuing and the time left to kick off will make it such that people don't get in for kick off.

if it's clear they can't get everyone in before kick-off they should use common sense and move some people to a different area to process their ticket requests there, or streamline the queues to one line for families, one line for individual purchases and one line for multiple purchases.

Not getting in for kick-off and not getting in for the first half are two different things and there is no point to a walk-up service if they can't get people in on time.

Contact the club with your ideas, worth a try.

But I did suggest ticket machines dotted around the stadium around 2 seasons ago, no feedback or survey questions on that idea since.

I got in at half time because of this, my fault really to be fair but....

I'm on the cup scheme, however the payment couldn't go through due to me having a new bank card. Think tickets were on sale for this a while ago, although I should have realised they wouldn't be able to collect payment - it would have been good if they'd told me prior to Sunday whilst I was at the game. I couldn't sort it on Monday but when I tried over the phone yesterday on 4 occasions I was given 20 minutes waiting time - I was busy at work so had to give up.

It seemed like a lot of people in the queue had paid but had problems with their cards. It might help if we had more than 10 kiosks for selling tickets/ sorting issues of a few hundred.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.