CSKA Moscow v City - Pre match discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: CSKA Moscow v City (Wednesday 23 October)

blue b4 the moon said:
If the game gets moved City (I know its not there fault) should cover the extra expense for travelling fans as a good will gesture failing that I would maybe pay a 'small surcharge' to cover it on next years S/C.

UEFA should withhold some of CSKA's prize money to cover any such costs, whether for City fans or fans of the other teams who have to go there, they've known about the closure of the main stadiums in Moscow for long enough to avoid this shambles.

Absolute fucking shambles, how can you sort out anything resembling travel with this uncertainty? Might be in Moscow, might be in St Petersburg, might be on the fucking moon

Granted that England is smaller than Russia, but you couldn't envisage this sort of situation arising here (i.e. the game being played hundreds of miles away from where it should be played). Makes it all the more infuriating that we lost the 2018 World Cup to Russia if this is indicative of how problems are tackled. I'm not giving up hope just yet because it's virtually a month until City go out there.

John Wayne said:
Granted that England is smaller than Russia, but you couldn't envisage this sort of situation arising here (i.e. the game being played hundreds of miles away from where it should be played). Makes it all the more infuriating that we lost the 2018 World Cup to Russia if this is indicative of how problems are tackled. I'm not giving up hope just yet because it's virtually a month until City go out there.
I suppose Streymur fans couldn't believe that we had moved our game to make way for a concert - but there you go. If the game gets moved out of Moscow, my flights - due to the timings and hotel (both non-refundable) are useless. Luckily I've not sent off my visa application off yet. I'll give it another week before deciding if I should chance wasting another 120 quid.

M18SK13 said:
John Wayne said:
I suppose Streymur fans couldn't believe that we had moved our game to make way for a concert - but there you go. If the game gets moved out of Moscow, my flights - due to the timings and hotel (both non-refundable) are useless. Luckily I've not sent off my visa application off yet. I'll give it another week before deciding if I should chance wasting another 120 quid.

Same im going to wait now, just have to lose £150 worth of flights

The worrying thing for those going is that they have moved the game 450 miles away at only six days notice (which means they could do the same for our game).
It would be an absolute nightmare for those who already booked flights and hotels in Moscow, not to mention the expense involved.

Probably ok if you are on the Thomas Cook trip but those who have booked independently could be really screwed.

Not an expert but would this also invalidate the visa's as they are based on an invitation from the hotel.

City / The FA / UEFA or whoever need to get this sorted soon !

M18SK13 said:
John Wayne said:

Different circumstances with the Streymur game. It was well out of what you would call the 'normal' season and was dealt with a lot better.

Whatever happens, I intend to go to Moscow for the experience. I've spent too much already just to abandon the trip. It'll be an expensive city break but one for the memory bank.

M18SK13 said:
John Wayne said:

But it was always going to be the case once we found out in May that we were in the UEFA Cup. We didn't change the venue a month before the game.

-- Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:10 pm --

It looks like it's due to pitch problems, which MAY be resolved in a month if they relay a new pitch or something.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.nanaimodailynews.com/sports/cska-moscow-s-champions-league-match-moved-to-st-petersburg-because-of-poor-pitch-condition-1.639473" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.nanaimodailynews.com/sports/ ... n-1.639473</a>

MOSCOW - CSKA Moscow says its Champions League match against Viktoria Plzen will be played in St. Petersburg because of poor pitch conditions at its stadium in Moscow's suburbs.The Group D match was set to be played at Arena Khimki on Wednesday, but heavy rains in the Moscow region in the past two weeks have ruined the pitch there.The UEFA inspection team on Wednesday said the pitch to be unfit for the game. CSKA said in a statement Thursday that of all the suggested alternative stadiums, the UEFA representatives picked Petrovsky stadium in St. Petersburg.Zenit St. Petersburg will host Austria Vienna in a Group G match at the same stadium a day earlier. - See more at: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.nanaimodailynews.com/sports/cska-moscow-s-champions-league-match-moved-to-st-petersburg-because-of-poor-pitch-condition-1.639473#sthash.DEmGKJnb.dpuf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.nanaimodailynews.com/sports/ ... GKJnb.dpuf</a>

Sounds promising. Basically the pitch is waterlogged and is probably fecked. They might be able to re-lay the pitch if needs be in time for our game, or do some work on it to improve it. If the pitch is beyond repair this early in the season, they will have to re-lay it, which should be done sooner rather than later.

one has to wonder how fucking useless are our football executives.

they are beyond useless, always were, always will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.