Away Form

Yes I know we lost but I think we played well today. Totally dominated possession, created decent chances and looked solid at the back until we conceded the free kick. I can't pick anyone out who had a bad game and there were lots of positives. Nasri continues to put in good performances, fernandinho is getting stronger in his role and yaya keeps scoring. Having said all that out of the three away games we have played I would have expected to win at least two and so far we have picked up just one point. We really need to win our next away game- no excuses.

davymcfc said:
Yes I know we lost but I think we played well today. Totally dominated possession, created decent chances and looked solid at the back until we conceded the free kick. I can't pick anyone out who had a bad game and there were lots of positives. Nasri continues to put in good performances, fernandinho is getting stronger in his role and yaya keeps scoring. Having said all that out of the three away games we have played I would have expected to win at least two and so far we have picked up just one point. We really need to win our next away game- no excuses.

I can help you mate - Milner. What the hell did he do today apart from f*cking up crosses, passes, dribbles. I got the answer for you. Nothing. Waste of shirt today, sadly.<br /><br />-- Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:13 pm --<br /><br />
Mattyc55 said:
3 against Cardiff, 3 against Villa, Stoke should have at least scored 2...

This is extremely worrying. Is 4-4-2 the way to go away from home? I think not.

Don't know but today we played rather well IMO until we scored the 2nd.

We will be in trouble if we get less than 30 points away from home. We should be looking to get 33 or more at least. Last year we really had some shit away results and still had 33 points (only 5th best).

For 33 points this season we should make a 9-5-2 record at least from now on. Itt will be incredibly hard as we faced only teams alredy that will finish lower then 12th probably and have 1 point only.

A nearly perfect home record is needed anyway. I dont worry about that we wont get 57 points at home (the max.), but we should be hoping about 50 points. (Last season it way only 45 at home)

50 at home, 33-35 away from home, I would accept that 83-85 right now. Dont think Chelsea or MU would get close to 90 this season.

Our own downfall that today, we need to start putting our away games to bed & not think we have won them at 1 nil,

We are awful away from home because of a lack of tactical awareness for the situation, no plan B and far too open. Mancini was not as bad as this away and if it continues the title will be be heading south. We will also be outside the top four, something Mancinii didn't look like doing. We are far too open, taking off our better players and dislocating the side. We are also failing to shift to 4-5-1 to shore up what should be a winning performance. In essence we are inviting the home team onto us and surrendering the midfield which is madness. Before anyone thinks this is a bit hysterical we haven't even played a decent team away from home yet! I heard that this is 7 out 8 away league defeats for Pellegrini which doesn't surprise me after going to Cardiff and then today.

oppa gangnam style said:
Next two away matches in the league Chelsea and WHU. Both will provide a huge test for Pellegrini and its not hard to imagine we wont have an away win after 5 away games.

I think this slightly misses the point... Our away form in big games feels good, it is away form in games we think we 'should win' where we come unstuck. And that is down to mentality of players and staff. Ours and our opponents.

We also seem to be incredibly unlucky in these games. It's a puzzle that needs solving. Now.

Today was unusual, even by our standards. Perplexing. Kompany looks confused in his interview, hard to disagree with that feeling. No way we should have lost today, but we did. Again.

Villa haven't won at home this season and never win without Benteke. City rock up and solve that for them.

Cups for cockups and typical Citee returned after we won the Championship.

Mattyc55 said:
3 against Cardiff, 3 against Villa, Stoke should have at least scored 2...

This is extremely worrying. Is 4-4-2 the way to go away from home? I think not.

Arsenal have just made it 11 away wins on the trot. 4-5-1 and pace to burn on the counter. The perfect set up. Our inability to hang on to leads however, against the weakest sides in the division does not augur well, and again the decision to part company with Gaz Baz looks a poor one as we look to close games out. If we don't sort ourselves out and quick, then Arsenal, Spurs and Liverpool will certainly finish well clear of us. Doesn't matter that we are a better side than any of them on a direct head to head basis, because they have pacy, quick footed, inventive attacking players, who can create openings for themselves, and guarantee them points away from home even when they don't play well, and QED, we haven't. Wasteful today wasn't the word for it.
If we don't discover a ruthless streak, we are gonna end up in a position whereby we finally get out of the group stages of the Chimps League only to not qualify for it next season

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.