aytoun st 76 77

Those match buses were still going in the 80s. We used to get it from aytown street To Maine road every week.

Most times my dad would walk everywhere and often to and all the way home from the match, used to love it as a kid because he was a rum bugger and would nip in pubs for a quick pint always meeting somebody along the way. On occasions we would get the 53 bus from Queens Rd in Collyhurst to Maine Road and then in the mid 70's when they knocked the flats down and we moved to Harpurhey we would sometimes get the 112 to where the RNCM is and walk up past the Manchester Museumor go up Lloyd St North. If he ever got the bus he always got off half way and walked. We used to also go in the Queens on Monsal or St. Edmunds Catholic Club and go with other blues in vans or cars. When I got older I'd take the match bus from Aytoun St on occasions. The best bus journey ever was coming home on the 53 after beating Everton in the quarter finals of the FA Cup in 81 and Bobby Mac's header. The bus was rocking so much we missed our stop and ended up walking back about four stops.

Here's the goals from that game.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-grUdSbWZY[/youtube]

StrangewaysHereWeCome said:
jimharri said:
I've always pronounced it a-town street. That's right isn't it?
Yep.
Cheers. You seen Didsbury's answer above yours Jim? His spelling I will take as further confirmation!
Haven't you been on here long enough now? You must know by now that you can't go around praising a ''Dismal Dave''™ post; it's against the code of conduct!

jimharri said:
jimharri said:
Cheers. You seen Didsbury's answer above yours Jim? His spelling I will take as further confirmation!
Haven't you been on here long enough now? You must know by now that you can't go around praising a ''Dismal Dave''™ post; it's against the code of conduct!
*Sharp intake of breath*
I'm either a maverick, a nob or both,Jim. "Dismal" is one of my favourite posters. There's a fair few posters who can tear strips off you in a post (usually cellar dwellers) and its great, love it, but its often affection thinly veneered. Didsbury and a handful of others genuinely are.being condescending and abusive and that's great stuff as refreshingly distasteful as a lime.chutney..

You're wrong about Mancini though Dave....

This is the way me and my best mate at the time Paul used to get to Maine Road from the age of 14 through to 20 !

Catch the Train from Padgate (first stop outside egg chasing shithole Warrington) to Oxford Road, walk to Aytoun St, jump on the Bus.

We always used to walk back though from the Ground to Oxford Road !!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.