joe hart

Status
Not open for further replies.
joe hart is a quality keeper who is possibly going through a tricky patch

hes still very young for a keeper and is obviously learning all the time, at present its a difficult learning curve but over the course of a season hart saves us miles more times than he lets us down

what is needed now is a top class reaction from us fans at every game he plays and let us try and help boost his confidence, we are a club on the up but still some way from europes best but we will get there sooner than later, Bayern were quality and in some ways a pleasure to watch

lets start again Saturday backing every player and manager

come on city

smeeagain said:
MaineRoadBlue said:
smeeagain said:
that shot of ribery,s was really fierce tho ! and right on target in the corner
if it was saved it would of been described as top class

Deary me! I suspect you are winding us up; If not I fear for your mental health!

In short Hart incompetence was the root cause of ALL 3 goals!

For the 2nd goal and when under no pressure, he booted the ball away into the midfield and never City never touched it again until we picked it out of our net after an equally pathetic effort to deal with Muller one on one.

The importance of Hart's position cannot be over emphasised in quelling opposition pressure by selective and controlled distribution. In short the opposition find it damn hard to score if they don't have the ball. Last night we were losing the ball cheaply and not seeing it again for 2-3 minutes. A good proportion of those turnovers back to Bayern were down to his complete lack of composure and his stupidity in just booting the ball away in blind panic.

Put bluntly, his core level of ability (and I am not talking about whether he is in form or not) is way below what we need as a goalkeeper at this level of football. He simply cannot control, compose and then distribute by either his hands nor feet to anything like what is required. This coupled with his flawed ability to save shots or come for crosses is simply not tenable.

Furthermore, anyone who continues to defend his selection is doing so out of blind loyalty rather than what is best for our club. He must be dropped and considering his fundamental flaws, I for one would not be remotely concerned if he never wore a City shirt again.

thats me off to the mental hospital then ,thanks for your diagnosis

lol. No offence meant and i'm sure none taken :-)

It's not a confidence issue, it's basic goalkeeping.

That goalkeeping for the third goal was horrendous, not to mention the fact there was hardly any pace on the shot either.

Getting too big for his boots, has been for a while. Needs a wake up call, needs dropping and reminding that he's not invincible. If Hart wasn't English he'd be getting even more criticism.

Why should a goalkeeper be any different to an outfield player? mistakes cost goals, goals lose you matches. This applies with Hart, he's a great goalkeeper and a fantastic shot stopper. But it's time he was given a reality check and a big kick up the arse and that will only come by dropping him.

chelseaaway84 said:
joe hart is a quality keeper who is possibly going through a tricky patch

hes still very young for a keeper and is obviously learning all the time, at present its a difficult learning curve but over the course of a season hart saves us miles more times than he lets us down

what is needed now is a top class reaction from us fans at every game he plays and let us try and help boost his confidence, we are a club on the up but still some way from europes best but we will get there sooner than later, Bayern were quality and in some ways a pleasure to watch

lets start again Saturday backing every player and manager

come on city

have to disagree he doesn't seem to learn and the comments on here about his boozing are back

do you recall when bobby came? picked out Jonno and hart for being piss heads

no good having a hungover keeper that is making the same mistake that's not learning and we cannot shout or chant Joe better thats just collusion with a big big problem we have

Freestyler said:
It's not a confidence issue, it's basic goalkeeping.

That goalkeeping for the third goal was horrendous, not to mention the fact there was hardly any pace on the shot either.

Getting too big for his boots, has been for a while. Needs a wake up call, needs dropping and reminding that he's not invincible. If Hart wasn't English he'd be getting even more criticism.

Why should a goalkeeper be any different to an outfield player? mistakes cost goals, goals lose you matches. This applies with Hart, he's a great goalkeeper and a fantastic shot stopper. But it's time he was given a reality check and a big kick up the arse and that will only come by dropping him.
Answered your own question here. They are and should be different because they are in the lime light a lot more than outfield players when making mistakes. Ok, Hart should have done far better for all three goals, but lets use Robbens goal for an example. Had Fernandinho not lost the ball, Bayern would not have had that opportunity, his mistake lead to the goal, but people are first to blame the goalkeeper and not the outfield player. You could argue that that is what the keeper is therefore, but still.

That said, Joe needs to get his concentration and his mojo back and get out of this tricky patch. Will a spell on the sidelines help? I dont know. A few EDS games? Maybe.

He needs to stop all those extra projects he's doing and focus purely on football.

Unfortunately at the moment Joe is not the Goalkeeper that will help us win trophies. If you look back at our success such as his save on Kenwyne Jones v Stoke in the Cup final which helped us lift our first trophy we had wanted for so long. Also his performances in our Title winning season. He was reliable throughout and I can not recall a bad game that he had.

We can go back till middle of last season when you could see a difference in his game and no surprise as with a lot of other factors it did not help us defend our title. I however will take a look at this Season so far and for me he has been our biggest disappointment.

Cardiff away he should have controlled his box better was caught up in a tug and war with defenders. Which led to him missing punching the ball out for the 3rd goal.

Villa at fault for the free kick and as controversial as it may be I think he could have done a lot more for their 3rd. Sometimes you have to take one for the team.

Pointless me mentioning last night we all know what happened. What I will say is we have lost 3 competitive games so far this year (pre season in some where as bad) and no surprise Joe has been at fault in all of them costing us.

There is a time when you stand by your players and support them and there is a time that the team has to come first. I am not sure Pants is the best alternative but he is the only one we have.

Swiftfoot said:
Not to slag Joe off but he's fallen far short of what we know he can achieve. For all those saying he is the best keeper in the EPL, note that what counts isn't potential ability but current form. And on current form, I'd say keepers such as Mignolet are performing at a much higher level than Joe Hart. If all of our outfield players can be substituted and rotated when not performing at their top level then why should Joe be an exception? Look at Nasri for instance. When he doesn't turn up, he doesn't get to play the next match.

Joe's not shit, but ultimately throwing the 'best in the EPL' and 'top class keeper' right now seems rather at odds with his recent performances. Including those for over a year now.

Spot on !

Pellegrini59 said:
bastards
Bayernfans.gif
Code:

Made worse by the gloating and laughing from Martin Tyler. I really wanted to punch that old **** in the mouth. At least Gary Neville was professional

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.