lets be honest

thought we gifted them the game , every goal down to individual errors , hart for the 1st , clichy for the 2nd , and fernandinho/hart for the 3rd , they had 70% possession in the first half and created a couple of half chances . No doubt hollywood fc are a very good team and rummenigge will be on the phone to platini this morning congratulating themselves , but we have only been at the top table for 3 seasons ,and our inexperience in big european games is expected .But when we qualify for the later stages , we will gain more experience , it might take another couple of seasons to get to semi or champs final , but rummenigge / platini and their hangers-on know we arent going away.

as much as we played below par last night, Bayern were absolute quality, the best ive seen live for many years but they have been in 3 of the last 4 finals so they should be a differenr level, they were so good to watch and a great benchmark for us to get

I think we can get there but it will take time and patience, lets keep getting better but lets stick together

Bayern were incredible, we were outclassed from the off.

If we had of played a better formation it still would have been a task, but we made it easy for them.

No doubting how class they are, but we played a formation last night which played into their hands and they well and truly filled their boots.

Chippy_boy said:
Yes they were quality but boy did we make it easy for them. The one thing any team can do is press and they did that all night and never allowed to settle. But you don't need to be Bayern to do that, there's any number of mid table premiership teams that can do that.

But why did we not do the same? Were we scared or something? Every time they had the ball, we stepped back and let them play. It was like the Derby only roles reversed. We didn't get in their faces at all.

So overall I was not that impressed with Bayern. They were just a top quality side as we all knew. We were utterly shocking which is why they looked so good.

I actually thought we did. Whenever one of their players took two touches to get the ball under control one of ours was upon him, the problem was, they rarely took two touches to control it, it was some of the slickest passing and movement I've ever witnessed, Muller never stopped moving all night.

It was the single best team performance I've ever seen, they're fantastic individual players, playing in a fantastic team.

unsworthblue said:
i've been watching footy for more than 30 years,that has in my eyes got to be the best 90mins of football witnessed,sometimes in life take yer hat off and admire the champions ,i shook so many munich fans and said 'fair play mate' see you in munich

They were THE best side i've ever seen come to City ...... very good footballing team , that has the individual talent to make its mark .... their work rate is also phenominal.

They did a number on us, end of. What was most disappointing however was the stats at the end of the first half. They double he amount of possession but had run further than us!!! Our work rate was poor and shows that if you want to compete with the best not just in Europe but in the Premiership we have to increase our work rate. We need to be fitter, we need to hunt the ball down in packs and our movement need to be a lot better. We were too static all over the park. FFS even Ribery and Robben were grafting and we made Boateng look half decent.

Freestyler said:
Bayern were incredible, we were outclassed from the off.

If we had of played a better formation it still would have been a task, but we made it easy for them.

No doubting how class they are, but we played a formation last night which played into their hands and they well and truly filled their boots.
That pretty well sums it up. They were right at the top of their game and we were nowhere near the top of ours.

Best I've seen since Liverpool regularly gave us a football lesson in the 1970's.

black mamba said:
unsworthblue said:
i've been watching footy for more than 30 years,that has in my eyes got to be the best 90mins of football witnessed,sometimes in life take yer hat off and admire the champions ,i shook so many munich fans and said 'fair play mate' see you in munich

They were THE best side i've ever seen come to City ...... very good footballing team , that has the individual talent to make its mark .... their work rate is also phenominal.

Well said, and well done to the city fans who clapped scweinsteiger and robben off the pitch. Yes we could have played better, but sometimes you have to say that you witnessed a top class side.

I thought bayern were world class last night. Not seen city get totally outplayed like that for a long time. The passing was crisp and they just don't lose the ball. Incredible team.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.