Goals you still Remember

lloydie said:
Dave Watson header vs Ipswich, I think, astonishing.

That was the one I was thinking of, a bullet of a header from around the penalty spot into the north stand end.

herrock said:
lloydie said:

That was the one I was thinking of, a bullet of a header from around the penalty spot into the north stand end.

Now that was a stunner.

Even as I saw it from the Platt Lane End I knew it was a freak of football nature that would be remembered for all time.

The Goat at Gillingham when Ali B somehow chipped up a back-heel for him to volley in. Remember loads of their fans clapping.

Dele Adebola scoring for Brum against us at Maine Road in the 92nd minute, when we had pushed every **** forward for the winner except injured Edgy.

That goal will haunt me forever

I vividly remember Rodney scoring a magnificent overhead kick against his old club QPR sometime in the early-to-mid 70's.

QPR were decent in those days but, at a time when it was 2 points for a win and 1 for a draw, they came that day and seriously parked the old double decker.

80-odd minutes gone, down at the North Stand end, Buzzer dinked in a right-wing corner and Rodney, on the penalty spot, tee-d it up on his left and overhead kicked it in to the roof of the net with his right. Brilliant.

<a class="postlink" href="http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DPMDNRqmLds" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DPMDNRqmLds</a>

Lakey's last minute scrimmage at Blackpool in the cup, about 1990

urmston said:
herrock said:
lloydie said:

Now that was a stunner.

Even as I saw it from the Platt Lane End I knew it was a freak of football nature that would be remembered for all time.

I was sat behind the goal at the time. Definitely my memorable goal which I always talk about. The goal was all the better against a top title challenging team like Ipswich at the time who played classy football.

It is on youtube. Search Man City v Ipswich and you will find it. I think it was 1977 or 78. It is a 5 minute video so not long. I thnk he was around 15 yards away from goal with the angle but it was still rising when it hit the back of the net. Beautiful corner from Barnes that floated right across the box and outwards. Pin-point corner and sweet cannonball header.

Yes-sir-ee-bob !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.