Well done Aleks...

Got to say he's been excellent this season.

He's like a new man in the close season I'd have driven him to another club but he's now for me our best LB.

kippaxchris said:
I really am surprised we haven't heard his song during his recent good form! Next game we need to bring his song out let him know he has our backing. Shalala la la la la la Shalala la la la la la la Shalala la la la la la ALEKSANDER KOLAROV!

Not heard that for bloody ages! Might have been Stoke away a couple of seasons back :-)

The improvement in him has been immeasurable this season. He's a real threat now going forward and has been solid defensively. His lack of pace is still a worry but he seems to be improving with his positioning which will help.

The Chief said:
kippaxchris said:
I really am surprised we haven't heard his song during his recent good form! Next game we need to bring his song out let him know he has our backing. Shalala la la la la la Shalala la la la la la la Shalala la la la la la ALEKSANDER KOLAROV!

Not heard that for bloody ages! Might have been Stoke away a couple of seasons back :-)

this was sung in Plzen

for what it is worth my opinion is that Kolarov should be our current first choice left back, especially at all home games.
He offers far more going forward than Clichy, just wish our forwards will gamble when he gets into a crossing position because most of his crosses are in the right areas and will be pinged across the 6 yard box.......seem to remember a couple of Saturday that no-one gambled on.
He is also not as bad defensively as some on here make out......he's made quite a few timely tackles/interceptions in the last few games.

Always liked the guy. Reminds me of a wee meerkat, has that look about him. Playing super and putting fantastic low hard crosses in that just need a player front/back post to tap in. And there were people on this forum whinging about him actiually saying something back when he was getting abused from the stands. Well dare he...........................

uwe rosler 28 said:
Another fantastic display from aleks both going forward and defending my mom til he went off first choice left back for me now its up to clichy to up his game cos think pellers likes him for his deliverys into the box 1st class on a par with baines.

In the last two home games (league) he has put some gorgeous balls into the box - the cross for Aguero's first against the scum being an obvious example. Against Everton he fizzed two or three across the six yard box with nobody to get on the end of them when all it needed was a tap in.

Funnily enough, excellent though I thought Negredo was on Saturday, I thought those balls across were made for Dzeko to come in on. Not saying I'd have started Dzeko on Saturday, just that maybe you will get more out of Dzeko with Kolarov playing wide left than with Clichy

His involvement going forward for us this season has been very good indeed, overlapping, getting very dangerous crosses into the box etc. He still worries me from a defensive standpoint, and his lack of pace is a worry, you'd imagine someone like Walcott, or Townsend, a genuine wide player with pace, would still cause him all sorts of problems. At this stage however Clichy hasn't hit any kind of form so Kolarov is the more consistent performer and should be starting games.

A storming performance from Aleks- the early freekick ,the whipped crosses,tackles too , bravery and commitment-he wanted to carry on if his wound could've been staunched and the way he laid down the law to the culprit Naismith was epic.While Aleks looked like a welterweight fighter forced to quit because of an opponent's foul, Naismith was shamed into apologising to Nasty and was never the same in the rest of the match.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.