Away tickets/Loyalty Points

Paulpowersleftfoot said:
Paulpowersleftfoot said:
mrtwiceaseason said:
could you get them to call back to crewe after you get off ?

Clearly your right
How can anyone be expected to get to Crewe from Piccadilly on a Saturday or Sunday evening
Madness
so you think there is a train from euston that can get you back to crewe after 8-30 on a saturday you might be right i may be wrong .trains are useless at weekends and brilliant in the week when you dont want to use them !!

If points were awarded for all games attended in my lifetime I'd be quids in but as it happens when loyalty points started it wasn't a great time for travelling everywhere in my life due to family and other stuff.

That's the way it goes. I do only 5/6 always each season and all the home games. I'm lucky homewise as I'm only a few miles away from the ground.

I realise that as past 'loyalty' isn't quantified I'll never get to watch us at the swamp in a league game on my own points total like I did for years in the 70's. 80's and 90's.

What makes me smile is those of you who have without doubt put the miles and cash in over the years when points were available and no matter how dressed up it is the infrance is always ' I'm alright so fuck you' and then the 'do a few always to catch up'. I'd probably say the same thing to protect my position.

I don't think the club can really do anything yo change it now especially with Platinum tickets etc

blue b4 the moon said:
If points were awarded for all games attended in my lifetime I'd be quids in but as it happens when loyalty points started it wasn't a great time for travelling everywhere in my life due to family and other stuff.

That's the way it goes. I do only 5/6 always each season and all the home games. I'm lucky homewise as I'm only a few miles away from the ground.

I realise that as past 'loyalty' isn't quantified I'll never get to watch us at the swamp in a league game on my own points total like I did for years in the 70's. 80's and 90's.

What makes me smile is those of you who have without doubt put the miles and cash in over the years when points were available and no matter how dressed up it is the infrance is always ' I'm alright so fuck you' and then the 'do a few always to catch up'. I'd probably say the same thing to protect my position.

I don't think the club can really do anything yo change it now especially with Platinum tickets etc
thanks you seem to be the only one that has grasped what i was driving at !! wasnt trying to quee jump over loyalty just trying to find any suggestions how going forward myself and low point kids could get to an away as anyone suggesting put the miles in clearly hasnt got a clue how this would help !!

mrtwiceaseason said:
Paulpowersleftfoot said:
3 no i am not going to whu or chelsea as the last train back is 7.13 home

The 9pm and 8-30pm virgin trains back from Euston that I'm booked on must be a myth
could you get them to call back to crewe after you get off ?

were on the 20:31 back to Warrington which gets to Crewe at 22:35.... £12.50 (railcard) but was booked a few weeks ago..

there is still time to get a ticket..

mrtwiceaseason said:
blue b4 the moon said:

thanks you seem to be the only one that has grasped what i was driving at !! wasnt trying to quee jump over loyalty just trying to find any suggestions how going forward myself and low point kids could get to an away as anyone suggesting put the miles in clearly hasnt got a clue how this would help !!

Because about 10 games a season go to open sale!

It is only the high demand games you miss out on

Loyalty points, madly enough, reward loyalty. I'm 25 and have nearly 12,000 points, which was done by following the club to the ends of the country (Brighton midweek for example). Anybody who thinks they deserve a ticket because they feel hard done by need to put in the necessary miles to earn the points. Also, I reckon there's only 300 that never miss a game, not 1000, so there is a chance to catch people up, albeit over time

greenie said:
Loyalty points, madly enough, reward loyalty. I'm 25 and have nearly 12,000 points, which was done by following the club to the ends of the country (Brighton midweek for example). Anybody who thinks they deserve a ticket because they feel hard done by need to put in the necessary miles to earn the points. Also, I reckon there's only 300 that never miss a game, not 1000, so there is a chance to catch people up, albeit over time

I am somewhat older than 25.How many loyalty points have I got for having a Season Ticket from 1975 to 2003, going to 50% of aways from 75-90, going to every single City game H/A from 1990 to 2013 ?

Answer = 0

Just like football started in 1992 with Premier League, to some, it seems that supporting City started in 2003 and anyone (ie those too old or too young) who hasn't been a regular between that year and now shouldn't be regarded as loyal.

Priorities and life circumstances change as you get older and I am now stuck on just over 7000 points being a part time old twat with a SC and go to about 10 away games. Three years ago it was easy to get tickets for away games, now they seem to sell out very early on with high points.

You're lucky. You are following City home and away in the best period of our history at the right age and as you rightly say, you have collected the loyalty points over the last few seasons.However I feel sorry for younger fans who won't be able to accumulate the amount of points you have simply because they wont be able to get on the loyalty point ladder because at the moment they all sell out at high points.

City's point system is quite fair and has worked up to a point but as tickets get harder to come by and as the club progresses and I know it wont be popular with those with lots of points, but I think City need to slightly tweak the current system for away tickets with a certain amount going to those on lower points so that others (particularly younger fans) also get a chance to go to the game. How they do this I'm not sure (perhaps a small percentage of tickets going to ballot once the majority have been allocated to those on high points, with priority for younger fans)

these younger fans that people talk about in this thread can go to selected games. i can get tickets for any away game and when i can t go i'll gladly let a friend get a ticket. you talk like these younger lads sit around crying that they can t get to an away! they can and do

if you sit at home on 1500 points and rely on city you probs won t ever get to old trafford but if you go to games, meet people and get early dibs in you will get a ticket. betweem me and my pals there will always be a spare with us on derby day

mrtwiceaseason said:
kenzie115 said:
mrtwiceaseason said:
yes we did go to most of the thomas cook games early europa league games fa cup games but we were walk ups and didnt get the points ,the irony about quoting west ham is we will probabley get an allocation of about 10,000 when they move ground .picked 3000 as a random figure not sure what is a truer reflection of actual allocation

You're complaining about not being able to accumulate points when you've essentially thrown points away in the past? Are you for real?
very for real had 2 toddlers at the time had no idea they could be persuaded to go to games on a regular basis and become season ticket holders .hindsight is a great thing .in all honesty did anyone anticipate how things would turn out for city ?

I don't see what having two toddlers has to do with not getting points for the games you attended, even if you didn't have a season card they still did membership cards which you could accrue points on, these then carried over onto a season card if you got one.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.