Smallest City Away Support you've ever been in

Timisora was pretty low attendance think it was about 180ish offical travelling fans . Also there was no organised trips went like spike n TC unlike Kiev n Faroese . Midjitland didn't either but sold out at 600 . Recon cska will av about 400 city there ...

Bilboblue said:
around 800 I think at Colchester on a Friday night for English televisions first ever pay-per-view game.

Same at Macclesfield without the ppv aspect, but both games City sold out our allocation so not really sure that counts.

Oh,. a similar amount at Napoli 2 years ago! The scaremongers had a huge effect on that following.

I did the Colchester away game at their old ground. It was a horrid day there and back.

I went to see City play Ballymena in Northern Ireland when Stuart Pearce was in charge. If memory serves me right he brought himself on in the 2nd half to play up front but think it ended 1-1. Could be wrong but I think Trabelsi scored. Dont remember there being many other blues there, but it was difficult to tell as Ballymena played in sky blue shirts, so the home fans looked like City fans.

My visa for Moscow arrived today so we'll see how many are there.

cleavers said:
Has anyone mentioned a league game midweek, October or November, at Wimbledon (Selhurst), when there were about 4-5000 there, about 150 blues, though I didn't count us, sat on the terrace there was that much room, shit game, cold and damp too, I think it was either 0-0, or 1-1.

We went to that one, it was on a Monday night and live on Sky.

It was during the Swales Out / Franny In era.

As you state it was shit.....everything about it was shit - the pub before, the match, the result and even the train was delayed after the match while they were "waiting for a driver"!!!!

cptaidan88 said:
I went to see City play Ballymena in Northern Ireland when Stuart Pearce was in charge. If memory serves me right he brought himself on in the 2nd half to play up front but think it ended 1-1. Could be wrong but I think Trabelsi scored. Dont remember there being many other blues there, but it was difficult to tell as Ballymena played in sky blue shirts, so the home fans looked like City fans.

My visa for Moscow arrived today so we'll see how many are there.
Three of us decided Ballymena was a silly idea so we set off about half seven in the morning, got a ferry over from Cairn Ryan to Larne, had a few pints then strolled to the ground and had another pint in the BUFC social club before catching the midnight ferry back. I got home about 24 hours after I left.
I met quite a few who mysteriously had meetings in Belfast during the day.

mancmackem said:
Scunthorpe Away FA CUP.
Villarreal Away.
Villarreal away? never seen so many blues it was like an home game pissheads everywhere sure your not confused with best away support.
Plymouth away late 80s there weren;t many there 2 up and lost 3-2 typical City jumps to mind and 4 of us went to a youth cup tie at Sheffield early 80s 1-1 Tommy Caton played blues were thin on the ground that night.

SaddleworthBlueRhino said:
1st leg of FA Youth Cup Final at Chelsea. About 200 of us there and the bonus was that they let us in for free. Chelski had gone overboard on giving free tickets to schools and also supplied them with flags. It was free for the home 2nd leg for everybody as well but no flags. Shame on you city. Travelled both ways for £10 on National Express. Left London at 11.55pm and tour every English Airport on the way home to arrive at Chorlton Strret Bus station for 7am. great trip out as Youth Cup football is special, honest and very very skilful.

There were over 900 City there that night, we had half the lower tier to one side of the tunnel. I know the figure because the Chelsea chief steward told us, he commented that Boro had only brought 500 on the Saturday for a Prem match.

Hollywood Blue said:
Torquay away (possibly 84) in a midweek league cup match.
Couldn't have been more than 100 there, we drew 0-0.
Seem to recall a small following at Cardiff the same season.
Tony Cunningham scored and jumped onto the fence at the away end. We were all huddled together at the top of the stand as it was freezing. It took us ages to run down and celebrate with him, he waited like a trooper as it was his first for City.
Now that I live here in the States I recently travelled up to Portland from LA to watch the Galaxy play the Timbers, there was only 12 of us in the away end.
It is a bit of a trek though.
Torquay game was 83 there were four of us working away at BP refinery in Grangemouth when we got the news we'd been made redundant so we took works van and drove down to watch game probably daftest thing ever how knackered were we when we got back at 6 next morning.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.