CSKA Moscow v City - Pre match discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: CSKA Moscow v City (Wednesday 23 October)

Corky the Cat said:
Fanny Fart said:
Right got my visa etc all sorted.
What sort of reception are we expecting over there?
Just a been reading and when Liverpool played Zenit they had a load of hassle.
Yeah it's a different City but are the mentalities the same? Do they just see English fans as fair game?

Having been to Moscow with England 6 years ago almost to the today, I can say without a shadow of a doubt it is the roughest place that I have ever watched football and that includes Turkey. England had 7000 fans there and they reckoned that one in three were assaulted during their stay. I personally was confronted by three lads who put gum sheilds in to have a go, luckily a group of England fans came down the ramp from the hotel and chased them off, but it was none stop throughout the visit you were looking over your shoulder. I can also remember vividly after the game flares being fired into coaches on the metro to get you out onto the platform. It was pretty mad, but like anywhere you need to be sensible, no doubt some fans will get in trouble and they will come looking for groups in the Arbat and the city centre, I have no doubt. However, like anywhere just have your wits about you and don't let it spoil the trip. See you over there blues.

I think that's partly to do with it being England. I was speaking to a CSKA fan in Turkey when I was there watching the Plzen game. He was sound, goes all over watching them and said it will be intimidating but they are normally alright with foreign fans. The smaller teams, who aren't in Europe as regularly, see the English as a scalp. But I think, keep yoir wits about you, no outrageous behaviour and you'll be alright

Corky the Cat said:
Fanny Fart said:
Right got my visa etc all sorted.
What sort of reception are we expecting over there?
Just a been reading and when Liverpool played Zenit they had a load of hassle.
Yeah it's a different City but are the mentalities the same? Do they just see English fans as fair game?

Having been to Moscow with England 6 years ago almost to the today, I can say without a shadow of a doubt it is the roughest place that I have ever watched football and that includes Turkey. England had 7000 fans there and they reckoned that one in three were assaulted during their stay. I personally was confronted by three lads who put gum sheilds in to have a go, luckily a group of England fans came down the ramp from the hotel and chased them off, but it was none stop throughout the visit you were looking over your shoulder. I can also remember vividly after the game flares being fired into coaches on the metro to get you out onto the platform. It was pretty mad, but like anywhere you need to be sensible, no doubt some fans will get in trouble and they will come looking for groups in the Arbat and the city centre, I have no doubt. However, like anywhere just have your wits about you and don't let it spoil the trip. See you over there blues.

Yes, this was the sort of thing I was getting at when I said that some City fans I'd spoken to were concerned about large boisterous groups of us congregating in pubs. I certainly won't be wearing any colours on this trip, in which case two of us quietly walking down the street shouldn't attract any attention. As for hanging flags in Red Square, well that's an act of arch stupidity. Apparently City want to see pictures of flags we intend to display so they can forward them on to the Russian authorities for approval. It's things like this that remind you that we are visiting somewhere that is still a dictatorship, although I'm hoping they'll OK my "MCFC, Vladimir Putin: The Truth Will Come Out" flag ;)

John Wayne said:
bainy said:
I may well be repeating myself but......Anyone in the know want to suggest a few waterholes to meet up at? big place they say!!

A few blues may well take up the Thomas Cook option of a bus to the game from Bolotnaya Square. It's only £10 per head and you don't even need to be travelling with TC to take it up. Any pubs in that area would seem logical, although I can understand a certain sense of our fans' paranoia when it comes to groups of us gathering in bars.

Any more details of this? I live in Moscow, am working on the day of the game and will head straight to Khimki from the office (pain in the arse of a location for the match, but the best of a bad bunch I suppose). I'm thinking that the metro in rush hour to Rechnoy Vokzal and then the bus onwards to Khimki is going to be rammed with all the CSKA fans making the same journey, so the TC bus to the match could well be my best option. Who should I contact to find out the time and to book a seat?

petrusha said:
John Wayne said:
bainy said:
I may well be repeating myself but......Anyone in the know want to suggest a few waterholes to meet up at? big place they say!!

A few blues may well take up the Thomas Cook option of a bus to the game from Bolotnaya Square. It's only £10 per head and you don't even need to be travelling with TC to take it up. Any pubs in that area would seem logical, although I can understand a certain sense of our fans' paranoia when it comes to groups of us gathering in bars.

Any more details of this? I live in Moscow, am working on the day of the game and will head straight to Khimki from the office (pain in the arse of a location for the match, but the best of a bad bunch I suppose). I'm thinking that the metro in rush hour to Rechnoy Vokzal and then the bus onwards to Khimki is going to be rammed with all the CSKA fans making the same journey, so the TC bus to the match could well be my best option. Who should I contact to find out the time and to book a seat?

Here you go.....

http://www.thomascooksport.com/Football/Premier-League/Manchester-City/Manchester-City-Corporate

ell said:
citytill1die84 said:
Bierkeller Manchester for this game 2/4/1 on Steins :) can't wait.

Is it a special for the game because I thought the 241 was only on Mondays?

Monday to Friday mate 4-7 we were in before the Bayern game was great £7.50 for 2 Steins :)

Have to win this one. Should start from start with high tempo and attacking.
Can not let CSKA to play the way thye want, we need to dictate tempo, more runing, touch/pass, do not keep the ball for too long on last deffending line higher risk for stupid mistakes, attack.....attack and result will come.

M18SK13 said:
petrusha said:
John Wayne said:
A few blues may well take up the Thomas Cook option of a bus to the game from Bolotnaya Square. It's only £10 per head and you don't even need to be travelling with TC to take it up.

Any more details of this? Who should I contact to find out the time and to book a seat?

Here you go.....

http://www.thomascooksport.com/Football/Premier-League/Manchester-City/Manchester-City-Corporate

Cheers, thanks. That's great.

EDIT - Booked it. Not told my boss yet that I'll have to leave early. :)

Getting a quote for a minibus on the day of the game if anyone fancies it. Bit of sightseeing and up to the match. Probably about 15-20 each if full

-- Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:23 pm --

greenie said:
Getting a quote for a minibus on the day of the game if anyone fancies it. Bit of sightseeing and up to the match. Probably about 15-20 each if full
I'll probably join one of the buses with City fans (not TC, of course), but unfortunately, I am free on the match day at 16:00 and I have to go by underground from the south of the red line, so I have to wait untill some more details will come up to decide, like when mini-buses ith blues are to start and where and when can they stop.

P.S. We all, city fans, are going to meet somewhere near the stadium before the game, aren't we?

i'd like those who are up to my bus on gameday to check in at the Travel&Ticket thread. everything is happening. will take those flying in by Easyjet on the gameday and everyone else who is going to need a ride to the ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.