Smoke bombs yet again

BlueHalli said:
[The thing is, these people with smoke bombs have no intention of goin around giving people a kicking or goin around in a firm lookin for trouble. That was your day and you were prob gettin stuck in back then and having a good time !. Now those days are gone for the likes of the older bunch and they want to just relax and watch a game of football and expect the younger lot to follow suit . You've had your wild time, fook everyone else .

Younger fans are sick of the way the modern game has gone and they just want to try and liven it up a little by doin things like lettin off smoke bombs . They're bloody harmless !. They ent flares like what killed that lad . Comparing the two is like comparing a sparkler(although a sparkler is prob more halmful than a smoke bomb) to a rocket fire work .
A pretty patronising post to be honest, I'm in my 50's and sang nearly every song on Saturday at West Ham, the smoke bombs didn't liven anything up, unless by livening it up you mean 25 old bill stood in the aisles blocking people's views and causing arguments ?

BlueHalli said:
awaydayblue said:
Encountered similar problems at Napoli away, then at Goodison, where fellow Blues were hit by them, one a young girl. When a flare/smoke bomb/firecracker (whatever they are) one does cause a serious injury or worse, and it will, maybe then something will be done about it. For anyone who thinks it is all a bit of a joke, just check out the flare which hit and killed a person at the Millenium Stadium a few years ago, ring their family up and try convincing them it is all a bit of laugh / harmless fun...................That's my take on the matter, for what it's worth..........

Was that the one where it was shot across the stadium from a gun ? . If so, fookin el ! Comparing that to a canister that Amit's a bit of smoke !. People just worry too much these days . A few smoke bombs go off and some think it's world war three !.

They're harmless unless thrown towards a person. The same can be said for pretty much anything !. Shall we ban loose change and sets of keys because they can become 'unsafe' in the wrong hands .

No we don't think it's world war three.......believe me as I've been in a war, have you?

Just a time and a place for everything and in a confined area is not the right place

Firstly i think we really need to separate flares and smoke bombs. Flares in my opinion are also fine but they can be dangerous and i can see why some might have a problem with them, smoke bombs however are not. A few coughs if you are caught in the middle of it and that's it. I've got asthma and i cough a lot more walking past people smoking where they shouldn't be, especially in the toilet than i have done being in the middle of a smoke bomb.

No problem with people taking their kids to away days, i wasn't allowed to go when i was younger because it was a lot more dangerous back then so i like to see parents giving them that experience early on in life now that it's a lot safer. But If the kid's getting scared to death from a bit of smoke then you need to question whether taking them to a game like west ham away with that sort of environment is best for them? Some kids will love it and some won't but i can't see how you can complain about something that is completely harmless just because the child that person chooses to bring to the game knowing full well there was a good chance of smoke bombs being let off doesn't like it.

kinkysleftfoot said:
BlueHalli said:
awaydayblue said:
Encountered similar problems at Napoli away, then at Goodison, where fellow Blues were hit by them, one a young girl. When a flare/smoke bomb/firecracker (whatever they are) one does cause a serious injury or worse, and it will, maybe then something will be done about it. For anyone who thinks it is all a bit of a joke, just check out the flare which hit and killed a person at the Millenium Stadium a few years ago, ring their family up and try convincing them it is all a bit of laugh / harmless fun...................That's my take on the matter, for what it's worth..........

Was that the one where it was shot across the stadium from a gun ? . If so, fookin el ! Comparing that to a canister that Amit's a bit of smoke !. People just worry too much these days . A few smoke bombs go off and some think it's world war three !.

They're harmless unless thrown towards a person. The same can be said for pretty much anything !. Shall we ban loose change and sets of keys because they can become 'unsafe' in the wrong hands .

No we don't think it's world war three.......believe me as I've been in a war, have you?

Just a time and a place for everything and in a confined area is not the right place

A stand isn't a confined area. I agree they shouldn't be let off in concourses though.

cleavers said:
BlueHalli said:
They're harmless unless thrown towards a person.
That's part of the issue being raised, they are thrown, or at least rolled down the steps, because the person doing so, doesn't want trouble from the old bill, if one goes off near a kid that is unaware they are a problem, as has been described in the thread, chucking them at the linesman isn't exactly safe either.

But you edited the part where I basically said using anything as a missile is dangerous . Again, shall we be made to bin our lighters and loose change as they can also be thrown .

People tend to just drop them or roll them a few yards along the ground . Hardly goin to take someone's head off . Prob got more chance gettin harmed by fag ash whilst goin to the toilet .

BlueHalli said:
Younger fans are sick of the way the modern game has gone and they just want to try and liven it up a little by doin things like lettin off smoke bombs . They're bloody harmless !. They ent flares like what killed that lad . Comparing the two is like comparing a sparkler(although a sparkler is prob more halmful than a smoke bomb) to a rocket fire work .

But throwing/rolling flares/smoke bombs is NOT the 'modern game' is it?? I thought the modern game was a football match and that's what I go for, to watch a football match. And they are NOT harmless, read the posts about people being injured and even killed. But hey why worry about people's health and well being, you want to have some 'fun' rather than see a good game of football so what does it matter about other people. You have your 'fun' and when someone gets killed/badly burned you can have a laugh about it!! JMHO

If you want to throw flares/smoke bombs go and do it on the croft down the road, at least you won't be hurting anyone down there or stopping them watching what they pay good money for, a football match!!

Eccles Blue said:
BlueHalli said:

But throwing/rolling flares/smoke bombs is NOT the 'modern game' is it?? I thought the modern game was a football match and that's what I go for, to watch a football match. And they are NOT harmless, read the posts about people being injured and even killed. But hey why worry about people's health and well being, you want to have some 'fun' rather than see a good game of football so what does it matter about other people. You have your 'fun' and when someone gets killed/badly burned you can have a laugh about it!! JMHO

If you want to throw flares/smoke bombs go and do it on the croft down the road, at least you won't be hurting anyone down there or stopping them watching what they pay good money for, a football match!!

Read the previous posts regarding the difference between smoke bombs and flares . Or did you choose to ignore that ?.
By modern game, I mean the way we are expected to do as we're told no matter what it is . Stay seated, don't swear ect .

I don't want to go throwing smoke bombs around but it just winds me up how people over react about things . I have no problem with them unless thrown but that goes for anything . It's just one big over reaction .

BlueHalli said:
Eccles Blue said:
BlueHalli said:

Read the previous posts regarding the difference between smoke bombs and flares . Or did you choose to ignore that ?.
By modern game, I mean the way we are expected to do as we're told no matter what it is . Stay seated, don't swear ect .

I don't want to go throwing smoke bombs around but it just winds me up how people over react about things . I have no problem with them unless thrown but that goes for anything . It's just one big over reaction .

Whoooooooooosssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

BlueHalli said:
cleavers said:
BlueHalli said:
They're harmless unless thrown towards a person.
That's part of the issue being raised, they are thrown, or at least rolled down the steps, because the person doing so, doesn't want trouble from the old bill, if one goes off near a kid that is unaware they are a problem, as has been described in the thread, chucking them at the linesman isn't exactly safe either.

But you edited the part where I basically said using anything as a missile is dangerous . Again, shall we be made to bin our lighters and loose change as they can also be thrown .

People tend to just drop them or roll them a few yards along the ground . Hardly goin to take someone's head off . Prob got more chance gettin harmed by fag ash whilst goin to the toilet .
no highlighted the relevant bit. I've stated earlier in the thread that they don't actually bother me much.

However the big boys don't want to be caught so roll them somewhere else, having no thought where they end up, so long as they don't get caught, buy hey it doesn't matter if it scares a kid, an oap, or the old bill nick an innocent, brave people who think they are good should just hold them then ?
We know why they don't though.....

without a dream said:
A stand isn't a confined area. I agree they shouldn't be let off in concourses though.
You clearly haven't been at the back of either anfield road, or the trevor brooking, its probably more confined than the concourse, not to mention others.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.