joe hart

Status
Not open for further replies.
LoveCity said:
Tomorrow's back pages are an all-out assassination on Joe. If he has any confidence left, reading them will shatter it. And Pellegrini refused to back him either (though didn't criticise him), which doesn't bode well.
He's backed him all season to be fair by picking him.

Unfortunately that mistake was all down to Joe, he should have stayed on his line and not come forward at all, I've said this a few times this season he sometimes comes too far out. If, as I have just said on another thread, Joe wants to be an outfield player then he has to give up his goalkeepers shirt!! He should have stayed back and the header would have come directly into his hands.

How Nastasic was supposed to hear a call of keeper, which apparently didn't come until the ball was with him, with all the noise in the background I don't know. As Michael Owen has just said on MOTD2 the screaming of 30,000 fans behind Hart would have drowned out his shout. And, whatever you think of Owen, he has at least been on a pitch with that sort of thing happening which is not a situation any of us have been in.

I still think that Joe Hart is our best goalkeeper and if, as others are suggesting, it is down to new goalkeeping coaches then Joe has to stand up for himself and say "I'm the one on the pitch and I'm doing it my way" and get back to the great goalkeeper he is. (JMHO)

Hope he's in bed tonight thinking about that shocker of an error just as much as the rest of us all are. I've not been that angry after a game in a long, long time. Hart really does need a huge kick up the arse, because he's been absolutely woeful for about a year now.

the goal is Hart's fault. his decision to storm OUTSIDE the penalty box while Nasty still chasing the ball is baffling me. what he's trying to do, exactly? in that situation, it's not "keeper" ball, but defender responsibility to simply nod it back to the GK.

I have my doubts whether he is a top level player, but it is impossible in getting a quality keeper in the January window so he has got the whole season to prove me and other doubters wrong.

Any person who blames Nastasic over Hart for that error, simply doesn't understand football. Hart stays where he is, Nastasic heads it back and the danger is cleared. Nastasic is in full control and he deals with the ball, we come back to Manchester with 1 point and a 1-1 result. He did what every sensible defender does, but no Hart comes steaming out at him at 100mph and makes a complete and utter fuck up of it again.

It doesn't matter about the mistake, cause he's Englands number 1 right? BOLLOCKS, he needs a massive kick up the arse.

Too many mistakes, too many errors, too many points dropped. You CANNOT defend Hart again with this, there is absolutely NO excuses at all.

Panty will start Wednesday as he's likely to be our COC keeper for the competition anyway, and if he does well then i'm all for one starting him against Norwich aswell.

It's about time Hart realised he's not untouchable and that he has to work for his place, complacent and cocky has been creeping in for years. It's about time he got put in his place and fought to prove how good he is instead of having a free ride.

Hart has made a few mistakes and yes has cost us points but at the end of the day we cant blame results on a keeper, comunication and the lack of a leader are just a few things we are short of right now, people forget that hart made a point blank save v Moscow to save the 3 points, everyone just settle down and see how things unfold, he is a top notch goalie and he will come out strong, he just needs our backing, not people slating him on a forum.
rant over
onto newcastle in the cup

Plain and simple, Joe need a long rest to watch and learn from the bench to get a bigger picture of the game that goal keeper is not just a shot stopper though.

I don't think dropping him is the answer here as Panti is no where near good enough to start every game, he will be dropped by England though and I fear the worst for us when that happens as his head will really drop then. As for buying a new keeper in January, that's a no go for me because no team in their right minds would sell their number one in January. Make it known to Joe that he's got a season to prove he's a great goalkeeper otherwise he's going to be playing second fiddle to an outstanding keeper next season.

I like Joe Hart but he's always come across as very cocky and perhaps over confident when things are going well, maybe that needs to be drilled out of him during games?

Finally people blaming Nastasic are ludicrous, watch the incident again and imagine Joe Hart stayed on his line. The ball would be headed straight into his arms and Torres potentially clatters into him or gives Joe the little awkward hug that strikers and keepers often do in that situation. Ref blows up and we have secured a fantastic point away to a team that has never lost at home in the league with this manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.