Do you agree with todays formation for our away games

neel

Played with one striker....good move imo..bossed chelsea in mid field....Do you feel this is best away from home against likes of arsenal/spurs....bit worried abt liverpool seeing our defense and pace of their strikers

I liked it. We were good for a draw , granted Chelsea should have been 3 up at halftime. We got back in it at the 2nd half and controlled it mostly. Individual error cost us in the end.

The formation is suitable for difficult away games. Aguero works better with a strike partner like negredo but some games we can't afford that luxury especially with a defence like ours now.

Only worry is keeping the 3 other world class strikers happy when they have to be on the bench or on the stands

Only against the big teams.

4-4-2/4-2-2-2 has worked fine thus far, regardless of our away results.

Definitely. We seemed to go 442 in the last 20 minutes and it defintley shown. 451 with kompany back in defence has to be done away from home. Until we get some sort of character and consistent style of play, 442 should be avoided away from home.

Yes. Bossed the game for 75 minutes away from home and looked threatening. Chelsea could of had a few first half but Chelsea are a top side and they'll create chances at home. A horrendous individual error cost us the point. It's a shame that a few great attackers will be on the bench but it's the best way forward. Think we would of got dicked on if we went 4-4-2.

Todays set up was spot on and a good decision from Manuel.

What i like most is he learnt from the Bayern game and realised the similar story with Chelsea's midfield, so on that note he's learning and he's picking things up.

I feel though second half we were happy for a draw, Chelsea were there for the taking and i don't think we took advantage of that. I was disappointed to see Negredo come on so late, should have changed it around 75 minutes and gone for it.

We could have easily come away with 3 points today, but instead it turned into a shambles.

Considering if chelsea would have converted those and would have been 3-0 up...I think he would have bought on negredo for Garcia....with this formation we did not have any shots on target in 1st half....did we give chelsea too much respect...dunno..but still feel we could have attacked them more in 1st half.

Dr Jacoby said:
Only against the big teams.

4-4-2/4-2-2-2 has worked fine thus far, regardless of our away results.

Agree. Worked well enough yesterday, but we looked a bit toothless with only one up top. And I may well be in a minority on this, but I think Yaya is wasted in the more advanced role - game passes him by too easily, we're better when he is dictating everything from deeper.

sh249 said:
Dr Jacoby said:
And I may well be in a minority on this, but I think Yaya is wasted in the more advanced role - game passes him by too easily, we're better when he is dictating everything from deeper.
I'd say that has more to do with whether he wants to turn up or not rather than his position.

ninjamonkey said:
Yes. Bossed the game for 75 minutes away from home and looked threatening. Chelsea could of had a few first half but Chelsea are a top side and they'll create chances at home. A horrendous individual error cost us the point. It's a shame that a few great attackers will be on the bench but it's the best way forward. Think we would of got dicked on if we went 4-4-2.

You obviously watched a very different first 45 minutes than everyone else?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.