Javi Garcia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Javi Garcia (merged)

Fair play to you Javi.

Really never understood why we bought him but I hold my hands up and say that he has hung in there and has done really well this last week.

Imo Garcia has played a big part in the last week that got us through 4 difficult awaygames in a row with much at stake. Well done to the player. Happy to see at least a player that actually was at ease on the ball, started most of our foreward play, did the clever runs and even helped out the limitations of both Boyata and Lescott when having the ball.
Good game at West Ham as a CB, dug in at the sandy pitch in Moscow, showed his worth closing down Chelsea-midfield and was one of very few showing some footballbrain last night.
When Pellegrini is able to put down his strongest 11 Garcia will probably not be in the team, but he will play enough games to be considdered as an important squadplayer. Loads of the Garcia-scapegoat team will not like it.

TonyM said:
I hate to be cruel but he is the worst senior player I've seen in a City team for nearly 20 years. I'm serious.

Did you go blind from 1993 to 2010 then miraculously recover your sight, because that's the only explanation I can think of for such a ridiculous comment?

FantasyIreland said:
Rascal said:
TonyM said:
I hate to be cruel but he is the worst senior player I've seen in a City team for nearly 20 years. I'm serious. I struggle to think of anyone who is so ineffective in their primary role. It's not necessarily his fault and he seems a decent lad so I want him to succeed but I just can't see it at City. For his own sake I hope he returns to Portugal as soon as possible. Maybe he can reignite his career.

I wonder if you said the same when we got Gaz Baz

You're not seriously comparing the two are you?

Im comparing the treatment Gaz Baz got with the treatment Javi gets. Very similar treatment for very smilar players. Posters here finally got Gaz Baz and will in time get what Javi brings to the team.

Wretched Vengeance said:
levets said:
Rascal said:
Rammy you need help mate.

All the tension you have is not healthy

Javi was our most consistent player tonight. Kept the ball well and shielded the back four effectively.

I found a feed on <a class="postlink" href="http://www.feed2all.eu" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.feed2all.eu</a>

By a bloody mile!

Pleased you found somewhere to watch it in China. I thought he did ok too.
<br /><br />-- Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:41 am --<br /><br />
Wretched Vengeance said:
levets said:
Rascal said:
Rammy you need help mate.

All the tension you have is not healthy

Javi was our most consistent player tonight. Kept the ball well and shielded the back four effectively.

I found a feed on <a class="postlink" href="http://www.feed2all.eu" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">www.feed2all.eu</a>

By a bloody mile!

Pleased you found somewhere to watch it in China. I thought he did ok too.

Thought Garcia did ok last night, much more effective than the awful Rodwell. Worked well with Milner I thought you did well when he moved to the middle. Will never be a first 11 player but useful back up on the bench. Always shows a good attitude, think some of the personal abuse is OTT

I've watched him time and time again just incase I thought I'd missed something and he was actually decent. But i was right, he's still shite.

Rascal said:
Im comparing the treatment Gaz Baz got with the treatment Javi gets. Very similar treatment for very smilar players. Posters here finally got Gaz Baz and will in time get what Javi brings to the team.

There are no similarities whatsoever.......either in the individuals abilities or the 'treatment' they have received.

Barry is on another level to Garcia in every dept other than aerially.He was a much coveted midfield Prem star before he came to us,one of the most reliable and consistent players of his generation,he maintained such on his arrival here.
Only a minority did not understand his role or effectiveness in our side.

Thought he has to take a chunk of blame for the pace in the first half in particular being so slow as he was very predictable when receiving the ball and moving it on when a change in pace and thinking was often desperately required. I also think some people are making out as though he played better than he was simply because he has been so consistently poor previously.

That said, he did a reasonable job last night (6 to 7 out of 10 for me) and he really did work his balls off, and you can't ask for too much more than that from the man himself. I do not rate the guy at all and think he has no future at the club and should be replaced ASAP but it'd be wrong not to give him some sort of credit for being a good professional and doing a reasonable job in the last week which has given Fern and Yaya a breather

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.