City v CSKA Moscow Pre Match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tonight's game is shit or bust for Moscow. I expect them to go for it as they have nothing to lose. So long as City are focused we should be fine. But it won't be a repeat of Norwich that's for sure.

CaliforniaBlue said:
SWP's back said:
avoidconfusion said:
Too late he jinxed it now
Do people really believe that sort of shite?
Bunch of nonsense as long as I've got my lucky underpants on.

Me too. Just took the ones I wore on Saturday out of the dryer. Nice and warm and lucky...

An early goal will be needed. If we get it, we will be fine tonight. Come on City...

CaliforniaBlue said:
mac said:
No changes for tonites team, as it was on Saturday. Come on blues
Interesting decision - on the one hand, it seems a no-brainer to pick the same team that won 7-0 three days ago, but on the other hand, this is a very different game against a very different team, and only three days after our last game, so should we really be playing exactly the same team? I think I might have started with an extra player in midfield and Sergio up front on his own. I also hope Pelle's faith in Demichelis (before he's up to speed?) doesn't hurt us. Garcia may not be the world's best centre-back, but he's probably given the ball away less in dangerous positions all season than Demichelis did in one game.

If we can get at them and get a couple of early goals and with this team It is possible, I think we will dictate the play.but with city we never bloody know. I do feel v optimistic though.

Excellent team, not a fan of Silva and Nasri away from home but at home they can destroy teams as we saw on Saturday. Surprised Kolarov or Richards aren't starting but I can see the logic of getting some continuity at the back which will help develop an understanding.

surprised that Clichy will start, but still happy with that line up.

Full Line-ups:

MCFC: Pantilimon, Zabaleta, Demichelis, Nastasic, Clichy, Fernandinho, Yaya Toure(c), Nasri, Silva, Negredo, Aguero.
Subs: Hart, Richards, Lescott, Kolarov, Milner, Navas, Dzeko.

CSKA: Akinfeev(c), Nababkin, Ignashevich, A Berezutskiy, Schennikov, Wernbloom, Honda, Tosic, Milanov, Musa, Doumbia.
Subs: Chepchugov, Vasin, Rahimic, Elm, Zuber, Vitinho, Bazelyuk.

On the tram to the etihad. Moscow twats making monkey chants already - all pissed up and swearing at anyone they can. There seem to be a few of them trying to keep it civil but it could get messy if we stuff them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.