Isco & Cavani

supercity88 said:
Yes. We have managed to sign Jovetic too, who (fingers crossed) will stay injury free when he returns and add that extra creativity and goal scoring. He is a brilliant player and at times when Silva and Nasri need a break, or Aguero/Negredo, can come in and still be influential. Nasri has been a massive bonus, he is enjoying the faith Pellegrini is showing in him and playing brilliantly. Negredo has been absolutely class. I do not believe Cavani would have had as big an impact in our side, or as good a combination with Aguero.
here h

here here

Re: Isco & Cavani

Kippaxstreetheadache said:
Absolutely gutted that we missed out on Isco. He would've completed us.

Hurts even more seeing his impact at Real.

Then again, Nasri's current form lessens the blow somewhat. But it's just that - form, and it varies from the good to the dreadful.

Isco is pure class and would've completed David brilliantly. We've missed out on some big names, but Isco will go down as the one we rue the most. History will prove that.

Isco isn't having an impact at Madrid anymore

From starter status to reserve, Isco, who started the season stockpiling goals, praise, applause and headlines, has become the main casualty of Ancelotti's formation change and his definitive choice of the 4-3-3.
While 'Carletto' was flirting with a variety of systems over the course of the first eight games, Isco was a mainstay in the starting line-up; since he decided on a tactical change against FC Copenhagen, the Golden Boy has been a regular on the bench.
The former Málaga player, with the impetus of a summer break cut short by the Under-21s European Championships, hit the ground running to start the season. His spectacular form helped justify the sale of Özil. "With Isco and Bale, there's no place for Özil", was the word from the offices at the Bernabéu.
Isco scored 4 goals in the first five games of the season. He had the Bernabéu at his feet. He was on course to be a contender for the 'Pichichi' (top league goalscorer), but he began to run out of steam. He has not scored since the fifth league game of the season, against Getafe at the Santiago Bernabéu stadium, and has now gone seven consecutive league games without hitting the target. His last full match came a week earlier, against Villarreal on 14th September.
Isco's performance statistics look even worse for the Champions League. The Golden Boy scored in Turkey against Galatasaray, in his continental competition debut with Real Madrid, but he has only played 105 minutes out of a possible total of 360.

I was disappointed we didn't sign Isco but we had a realistic valuation for him. Cavani was too expensive and we signed a player who is just as effective in Negredo.

I bet Disco is questioning his father's guidance if his bench role continues, as for Cavani, I am more than happy with the beasts role, just what city have lacked upfront for a long time...

Isco.
We have Alvaro who like Kun could command legend status so we really don't need Cavani.

I'm surprised that anyone's surprised that a 21 year-old isn't running the show for Real Madrid yet. He's a young player. They're famously inconsistent. The claim that he's going to leave because he's not starting every game is ridiculous. Who would expect a 21 year old to start every game for one of the best teams in the world?

I'm With Stupid said:
I'm surprised that anyone's surprised that a 21 year-old isn't running the show for Real Madrid yet. He's a young player. They're famously inconsistent. The claim that he's going to leave because he's not starting every game is ridiculous. Who would expect a 21 year old to start every game for one of the best teams in the world?

Isco's dad and Zidane did a good job convincing the kid he would.

In retrospect I very much prefer Negredo over Cavani, Negredo is exactly the striker we needed. Isco on the other hand is a player I would still like to see here.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.