Question Time

remember arthur mann said:
Did I just hear NHS badge bearing Jeremy Cnut just say his government would love to build more houses but to do so they would need to sell off NHS land (hospitals)?

He said the NHS was sitting on lots of land that could be used for housing.

A bit embarrassing for him to be wearing the NHS badge.

Did I just hear NHS badge bearing Jeremy Cnut just say his government would love to build more houses but to do so they would need to sell off NHS land (hospitals)?

You may have heard that, but that's not what he said.

Yip
Hasn't he got a face you'd just love to smash in

Blue Punter said:

That doesn't mean hospitals though.

No doubt the NHS owns a lot of unused land.

johnmc said:
Blue Punter said:

true but then so do many other public sector/state bodies including the government themselves, the police, the mod and then there's the crown and the church of course etc etc etc

on the other hand there's a million fields in and around towns that would not be missed if they got built on and do not need to be protected in the same way as if they were in national parks or aonb

time to ease the planning restrictions and allow the builders to get cracking

What was apparent was how out of touch they all seemed to be with the public.

Are we to believe that Jeremy Hunt, former head boy at Charterhouse, faced the same struggles in the housing market as most of the under 30 year olds in the audience? He then mentioned his own children in relation to getting on the property ladder. I doubt they'll be 38 before they get their own pad.

Balti said:
johnmc said:
Blue Punter said:

true but then so do many other public sector/state bodies including the government themselves, the police, the mod and then there's the crown and the church of course etc etc etc

on the other hand there's a million fields in and around towns that would not be missed if they got built on and do not need to be protected in the same way as if they were in national parks or aonb

time to ease the planning restrictions and allow the builders to get cracking

Building sounds great but it has to be in the right areas that can sustain development
Where I live permission has just been granted to build on greenfield land 600 4 &5 bedroom houses
This is in addition to 1200 that are being built a mile and a half away

That's an awful lot more traffic and where are the school places and which dentist will these people use etc etc etc

Not well versed on this stuff. But say they get building, and eventually houses are plentiful. Surely that means house prices eventually come down. As there will be a surplus of sorts.

johnmc said:
Not well versed on this stuff. But say they get building, and eventually houses are plentiful. Surely that means house prices eventually come down. As there will be a surplus of sorts.

That's the idea, the conservatives will cut to get the money to do so but labour will borrow to get it.

ban-mcfc said:
johnmc said:

That's the idea, the conservatives will cut to get the money to do so but labour will borrow to get it.

So eventually we get into a negative equity period?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.