Comedy films you dont get

Where do I start?.....

Anything recommended by the majority of 2D khunts I meet on a regular basis.
I've lost count of the amount of times I've suffered watching some utter dross that someone claims is "really great".
I actually PAID...yes, that's right, PAID to watch Funny Girl and Lemon Popsicle....Total Shite. All because my fucking stupid film-head mates said they were funny...and they meant it.
In my experience, their recommendations are usually based on one semi-funny moment in the entire film, the rest of it being predictable bollocks.

The same goes for any film really, comedy or otherwise. People tend to base their opinions on one particular scene involving- delete where applicable- sex/car chase/fight/ gruesome murder/torture/someone gets saved in the nick of time, when the rest of it is forgettable shite.

I'd struggle to name ten films I'd watch again.

Not funny :

Anchorman

Hangover

Shaun of the dead

Airplane

Bridesmaids

Scary Movie ( however many they did )

Hot Fuzz

Funny :

Planes Trains & Automobiles

Dumb and Dumber

Austin Powers

Any of those Sacha Baron Cohen films, Borat, Bruno etc

Meet the Parents

Have to agree with you on Anchorman, colleagues and friends rave about it, I've seen it twice and I just can't class it as a great. But everyone has different tastes.

Didn't like the first Despicable Me either that much. I found Meet The Fockers positively painful to watch, and the latest Shrek film seemed to abandon the previously successful idea of entertaining adults and kids all together.

Markt85 said:
Not funny :

Anchorman

Hangover

Shaun of the dead

Airplane

Bridesmaids

Scary Movie ( however many they did )

Hot Fuzz

Funny :

Planes Trains & Automobiles

Dumb and Dumber

Austin Powers

Any of those Sacha Baron Cohen films, Borat, Bruno etc

Meet the Parents
Au contraire, mon ami.

The only one I see on your list that I find funny is Airplane! My favourite comedy of all time. And yes, I am serious, but don't call me Shirley :-)

Sacha Baron Cohen makes me cringe - he's as funny as toothache.

The rest, crap - in my opinion.

That's why comedy is very subjective - one man's meat being another man's fish, and all that.

The one that was a supposed movie being made about Vietnam and featured a white actor playing a black man....

Complete sack of shite, so bad I turned it off after 40 mins and can';t even remember the name of it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.