Jesus Navas

alky313

I'm surprised more of you haven't taken notice to the fact that both Silva and Nasri seem to be back to their brilliant best . I think this has a lot to do with Navas hugging the touch line and allowing our creative players space to work in. His cross for the third goal was the type of percentages-based movements we've been lacking for years.

His pace is absolutely incredible when he is on the ball. Faster than some of our players off the ball to be honest.

His presence is defining our playing style. I believe that he absolutely one of the core members of the squad now.

Thoughts?

Esteban de la Sexface said:
he'll be on the bench against Arsenal.

Considering he's played 180 minutes in 4 days I'd say so. All the more need to buy a left sided winger.

It was Navas that was on the pitch for the 4-1 and the 6-0. Just sayin...

Disappointed tonight that he didn't take the defender on, and he had enough chances to do so, one good cross that led to Silvers goal one lucky cross that led to Milner's goal other than that don't remember him making to many crosses or for that matter having a go at the defender.

alky313 said:
he'll be on the bench against Arsenal.

Considering he's played 180 minutes in 4 days I'd say so. All the more need to buy a left sided winger.

It was Navas that was on the pitch for the 4-1 and the 6-0. Just sayin...

Along with 10 other players.. just saying.

Navas is quality. Teams have to set up to play against him. Another weapon in our armory.

did his role really well v Bayern, dragged their players out to the touchline, tracked back well, pushed up when we had the ball (thus pinning Alaba back in their half), provided a threat of a counter which gave them something to think about at all times, plus a couple of good crosses

mansour's tow ropes said:
did his role really well v Bayern, dragged their players out to the touchline, tracked back well, pushed up when we had the ball (thus pinning Alaba back in their half), provided a threat of a counter which gave them something to think about at all times, plus a couple of good crosses
Navas is quality. Teams have to set up to play against him. Another weapon in our armory.

This is one of his most important attributes. His presence forces the opposition to counter him and change their style of player to negate him, in turn giving out other players like Nasri and Silva more space and time to opperate.

No doubt in my mind that even when he's not getting goals or assists him being on the pitch will pick us up points this season.

Ridiculous pace

ZwGHCXD.gif

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.