Swans v Man City Pre Match Thread 1/1/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
pee dubya said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Not looking forward to this one.

Don't fancy us for the three points and a draw might be the best we can get at a push.

We have understandably looked a little leggy in recent games and Swansea are exactly the type of team who can make it very difficult for us in terms of ball retention and taking the likes of Yaya out of the equation with their passing.

As others have said, Shelvey can cause us a lot of problems running in that space between midfield and our defenders.

Silva will be a big miss and I would be a lot more confident if Aguero was on the pitch and we could at least carry that counter threat and outscore them.

A 4-5-1 with Milner sat alongside Fernandinho and Yaya playing a little closer to Nasri and Negredo.

Hope for the above, otherwise a 2-2 or a 3-2 loss.
I don't think Swansea are playing with the same intensity and energy as they have done in previous seasons (wouldn't be surprised if Laudrup moves on in the Summer), add in injuries and fixture congestion, i think we should be looking to win. I'm actually more confident about this one than i normally would be.

Don't worry about that they will be full of energy when city come to town like all teams are! I'd take a draw now especially with the players we are missing..

waspish said:
pee dubya said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

Don't fancy us for the three points and a draw might be the best we can get at a push.

We have understandably looked a little leggy in recent games and Swansea are exactly the type of team who can make it very difficult for us in terms of ball retention and taking the likes of Yaya out of the equation with their passing.

As others have said, Shelvey can cause us a lot of problems running in that space between midfield and our defenders.

Silva will be a big miss and I would be a lot more confident if Aguero was on the pitch and we could at least carry that counter threat and outscore them.

A 4-5-1 with Milner sat alongside Fernandinho and Yaya playing a little closer to Nasri and Negredo.

I don't think Swansea are playing with the same intensity and energy as they have done in previous seasons (wouldn't be surprised if Laudrup moves on in the Summer), add in injuries and fixture congestion, i think we should be looking to win. I'm actually more confident about this one than i normally would be.

Don't worry about that they will be full of energy when city come to town like all teams are! I'd take a draw now especially with the players we are missing..
Draws aren't enough I'm afraid we have to win this game and others like it.

I think every game from now on will be important, every one a cup final we simply have to grind out a result if we want to win prem league. I don't care how we do it, I don't care whether we play pretty football. I would hope that Rodwell could have come in for Silva alongside a midfield of Navas, Yaya, Nasri and Fernandhino taking away defensive duties of Yaya completely. If it were Milner instead of Rodwell that wouldn't be a problem but i see it could be if he picks Garcia.

simon31goat said:
waspish said:
pee dubya said:

Draws aren't enough I'm afraid we have to win this game and others like it.

Absolutely, considering most people are expecting 57 points or as close to at home that is going to
leave us needing approx 25-30 points away from home to win the league.

Next 2 league games at Swansea & Newcastle are huge away games for us.

Other than Newcastle they have been unimpressive at home all season.

Again if we turn up I suspect they will buckle especially if they try to take us on which I suspect they will.

tolmie's hairdoo said:

Some of our key players had a rest on Sat - Swansea's didn't. They have key injury's to Vorm, Michu and Dyer and haven't performed anything like the level of last season.

I will be very dissapointed if we don't win - I'd expect Arse , Chelsea and rags to win there.

MY only worry is Silva missing - I would play Milner next to ferdi and push Yaya into the Silva roll

onceabluealways said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

Some of our key players had a rest on Sat - Swansea's didn't. They have key injury's to Vorm, Michu and Dyer and haven't performed anything like the level of last season.

I will be very dissapointed if we don't win - I'd expect Arse , Chelsea and rags to win there.

MY only worry is Silva missing - I would play Milner next to ferdi and push Yaya into the Silva roll

Unless my failing memory fails me......the Rags did win there......... 4-1 in the first game of the season. I think we'll take it 3-1, just to show we don't have to prove who is the best Team in Manchester and Stretford.

Don't know why some have cited Swansea's poor home form. Since when does that matter when City roll into town? The banners are out, the VIPs in town, the crowd at fever pitch... it's cup final day!

Case in point:

Villa have 2 wins at home - 1 against City.

Sunderland have 2 wins at home - 1 against City.

Cardiff have 3 wins at home - 1 against City.

It should be us treating these games like cup finals given our history visiting Swansea (1-0 loss, 0-0 draw) and the obvious fact they will raise their game to 300%.

Anything other than a win would be a very poor result. We have used up all our lose at average teams for this season. No excuses tomorrow but no doubt should we drop points the usual suspects will be telling us how tough it is to get a win at Swansea.

LoveCity said:
Don't know why some have cited Swansea's poor home form. Since when does that matter when City roll into town? The banners are out, the VIPs in town, the crowd at fever pitch... it's cup final day!

Case in point:

Villa have 2 wins at home - 1 against City.

Sunderland have 2 wins at home - 1 against City.

Cardiff have 3 wins at home - 1 against City.

It should be us treating these games like cup finals given our history visiting Swansea (1-0 loss, 0-0 draw) and the obvious fact they will raise their game to 300%.

I get your point but with their squad they are just coming out of a punishing schedule without having the ability to rest key players. Will they have theenergy to raise to that level - I don't think they will

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.