Daily Horse Racing \ Tipping thread

has anyone else tried this bet ? start with £10 pick a 1-2 shot every week after 12 bets you have £1200, I've been doing it for 4 weeks now and if Real Madrid win tonight thats bet 5 up, I've not been picking 1-2 shots though more like 3 or 4 longer odds to get to 1-2, bet 11 might be hard to stick on if i get there.
worth a shot though and if anyone fancies giving it a try maybe 4 of us £10 each and split whatever we get ? if 1 or 2 make it to the end its not a bad little pull for a tenner, bit a interest on the games each week also

Bryan Cooper takes over from Davy Russell today as the Giggingstown stable jockey as there main man. Such a brilliant young jockey and he will only get better and better. Might have him as a outside Cheltenham top jockey if they have the horses to go to war with Mullins , Henderson and Nicholls.

leighton said:
Bryan Cooper takes over from Davy Russell today as the Giggingstown stable jockey as there main man. Such a brilliant young jockey and he will only get better and better. Might have him as a outside Cheltenham top jockey if they have the horses to go to war with Mullins , Henderson and Nicholls.

A natural jockey with a great future ahead, as he's only 21.
Stylish in the saddle, and rides a lot like a young Ruby, which is no bad thing.

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
leighton said:

Stylish in the saddle, and rides a lot like a young Ruby, which is no bad thing.

A young Ruby looked like an octopus in a telephone box riding a finish :). Cooper looks exceptional. Dessie Hughes says he is the most natural horseman he has ever seen, which is some compliment.

Is Davy gone freelance?

leighton said:

True Nij I honestly thought he would be the replacement for McCoy when the great man decides to call it a day. So in a way I can see why O Leary is going down this route with Cooper now. Give him 1 of the biggest jobs in Ireland. Hard for Davy Russell as he done not a lot wrong to lose his job. They will still use Davy. Now being a betting man I would go with Paul Townend now the man to take over from AP McCoy when he finishes up riding.

leighton said:
There was a special on the Sunday forum abt this
Aparently O Leary hasn't been happy with a few of Russell's rides,was mentioned abt Sir Des Champs being one of them in the Lexus,didn't see anything wrong with it tbh

I guess he just wanted the hottest property abt,and cooper is def that.

-- Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:36 pm --

Esteban de la Sexface said:
Is Davy gone freelance?
Yes

Sad to hear Terry Biddicombe had passed away
Don't remember him as a jockey,but was a big part of Best Mates success & that other cracking chaser Edredon Bleu.

Its a shame Sir Des Champs is ruled out for the remainer of the season as that would of been 1 of Cooper's big rides at the festival. Also they want Cooper on the Mullins horses that they own too. There was rumours Ruby would of been on it but not. I dont know whats in the water here at the moment but we have some decent jockeys. Also noticed on the all weather that Ben Curtis is over in England. That kid is a good jockey only 21 and is looking at England for regular winter rides until the Irish flat season comes back.

leighton said:
Its a shame Sir Des Champs is ruled out for the remainer of the season as that would of been 1 of Cooper's big rides at the festival. Also they want Cooper on the Mullins horses that they own too. There was rumours Ruby would of been on it but not. I dont know whats in the water here at the moment but we have some decent jockeys. Also noticed on the all weather that Ben Curtis is over in England. That kid is a good jockey only 21 and is looking at England for regular winter rides until the Irish flat season comes back.

We've always had our fair share of top jockeys Leighton over jumps and on the level. If you look at Irish jockeys that have based themselves in the UK and done exceptionally well you'd have McCoy obviously, Ruby when he was going over to ride winners for Paul Nicholls. Geraghty is riding some amount of winners for Henderson. Going back down the years you'd have Mick Fitz (the best of them all), Culloty who was up on best mate.. jaysus there was some amount of them, johnjo if you want to go back far enough... Mick Kinane then on the flat.. won everything there was to win.

Horse Racing is definitely our best international sport, now that I think of it.

leighton said:
leighton said:

True Nij I honestly thought he would be the replacement for McCoy when the great man decides to call it a day. So in a way I can see why O Leary is going down this route with Cooper now. Give him 1 of the biggest jobs in Ireland. Hard for Davy Russell as he done not a lot wrong to lose his job. They will still use Davy. Now being a betting man I would go with Paul Townend now the man to take over from AP McCoy when he finishes up riding.

Can see Sam Twiston-Davies getting the job for Mcmanus when McCoy decides to retire. Hes imrpoved leaps and bounds since getting the job for his dad and has started to ride some big winners recently like The New One and Double Ross. That experience is vital when you're riding for the biggest stable in jumps racing.

niall_mcfc said:
leighton said:

Can see Sam Twiston-Davies getting the job for Mcmanus when McCoy decides to retire. Hes imrpoved leaps and bounds since getting the job for his dad and has started to ride some big winners recently like The New One and Double Ross. That experience is vital when you're riding for the biggest stable in jumps racing.

Sam Twiston Davies is a shoe in for the Paul Nicholls stable,thats according to Mat Chapman anyway
I could def see it happening tbh even if Jacob has only just took over from Ruby

Like Brian Cooper he's hot property...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.