todays first evers

Gabriel said:
coops said:
Gabriel said:
On the second point, what prevented the assistant giving it? It wasn't even debatable.

Why would an assistant give a decision when there is a multi million pound system there to do it? What if he got it wrong?

Then the system, presumably, would overrule the assistant. He did get it wrong, today, by not giving it, so I'm just wondering if the officials are instructed not to give anything and just await the technology to kick in. It seemed a second or so later that the referee looked at his wrist.

Well of course but that is what it is for. The linesman can pay attention to the other stuff, fouls and offsides and not worry about the possibility of a cock up in giving/not giving a goal.

Gabriel said:
coops said:
Gabriel said:
On the second point, what prevented the assistant giving it? It wasn't even debatable.

Why would an assistant give a decision when there is a multi million pound system there to do it? What if he got it wrong?

Then the system, presumably, would overrule the assistant. He did get it wrong, today, by not giving it, so I'm just wondering if the officials are instructed not to give anything and just await the technology to kick in. It seemed a second or so later that the referee looked at his wrist.

He didn't get anything wrong they are instructed to leave goalie decisions to the system and not signal in anyway. As mentioned they can then monitor other possible infringements.

The officials weren't the best today but we can't blame them for not giving a decision they didn't need to

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
First time Garcia has ever been a contender for man of the match.....
Possibly first time nobody's slagged off Garcia as well.

Gabriel said:
coops said:
Gabriel said:

I think the penny has dropped...

jimharri said:
I was surprised that it was the first goal to be given using the new technology. I thought there were one or two earlier in the season?

I thought so too, but found out that the GDS (Goal decision system) has only been used to prove 'non goals' until ours today.

Can I just mention please, that there is a plaque in the tunnel that bears my name and the date 18.1.1975 - my first ever game at Maine Road (City 5, Hammond, Tueart(3) Bell Newcastle 1(haven't got a clue!! & don't give a fcuk) 1

That's 39 years today - I was only 10, wonder what I would say to that kid now if I had the chance?

What would you say to that kid, who, was you, back in the day???

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.