Vincent Kompany

birchwoodgingerste said:
Petetheblu said:
Some very poor distribution tonight from Vinny, giving the ball straight back to them. However he grew into a beast after the sending off.
eh wasnt the game i watched?

Don't get me wrong he was awesome at times, but his long balls are poor 80% of the time and tonight we just needed to keep the ball and stop trying to pass a long ball up to a lone striker who has 3 players trying to mark him out of the game.

Demichelis will get the blame but Kompany is at fault for failing to maintain the offside trap that initiated the chain of events leading to the pk & red card

1afef6c2590d08d6a6eeacf2937f6723.png

FCBarca said:
Demichelis will get the blame but Kompany is at fault for failing to maintain the offside trap that initiated the chain of events leading to the pk & red card

that's taken before the pass. messi is already marginally offside there, so he was clearly off when the ball was played. jog on

FCBarca said:

What you don't see from that still is that Dimichelis was aimlessly wandering forward just before that pic and Messi was running in line with wherever Kompany was so wherever Kompany would have been stood, Messi would have been in line with him., Zaba was out of position and Clichy was legging it back. It is just pure coincidence that the other three are in a line just at the moment of that still.

In real time you can see Kompany running back while his defensive line stayed high - that's failing to hold your position...He effectively played Leo on...Plus, the 3rd goal that was incorrectly ruled offside was Vincent's fault as well

I thought he showed some terrific skills on the ball as well as speed but his positioning was ultimately poor - he's implicated in two major scoring chances, I think that makes it a bad night for him

andrewmswift said:
FCBarca said:

that's taken before the pass. messi is already marginally offside there, so he was clearly off when the ball was played. jog on
He was onside.

after the final whistle other players were doing doing the normal greetings/shirt exchanges etc..some grinning. However Vinnie looked absolutely guttered- I love how much how loves our club

lostmyhouseski said:
after the final whistle other players were doing doing the normal greetings/shirt exchanges etc..some grinning. However Vinnie looked absolutely guttered- I love how much how loves our club
Breaking news; City captain going into roof repair business!

FCBarca said:
In real time you can see Kompany running back while his defensive line stayed high - that's failing to hold your position...He effectively played Leo on...Plus, the 3rd goal that was incorrectly ruled offside was Vincent's fault as well

I thought he showed some terrific skills on the ball as well as speed but his positioning was ultimately poor - he's implicated in two major scoring chances, I think that makes it a bad night for him
So are you implying that kompany is not the best defender in the world??

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.