City v Sunderland Pre Match Thread (CoC Final)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having attended that Wigan final I feel the team cannot afford to take this game for granted. Sunderland have already beaten us this season and will be well up for this one. We need to make sure we really go for it.

thefullwellstep said:
Kun Aguero said:
Why the love in? Wheres the "rag" comments? Standards are slipping.
no love in mate, just saying as I see it. and want a good weekend and the fact it is you lot are not arrogant twats makes it more easy to enjoy, especially when we get beat
Likewise glad it's Sunderland we're playing.

Our first trip back to Wembley was the FA Cup semi-final against Man Utd in 2011. Imagine you were going down there to play Newcastle! Great if you win, but the nerves in advance and the tension between supporters weren't enjoyable.

I'll never forget driving out of Manchester that morning. Without exaggerating it must have been 30 City cars, coaches and vans to every Utd. But when we got to Wembley the Cockney Reds were everywhere. Good job we won. They were desperate to beat us and stop City from winning a trophy.

Must be a decent chance we'll meet again in the FA Cup. Both got a decent chance of getting to the semis.

I can understand the nerves and trepidation about this one, I feel the same.
Sunderland are not a great side but over the past four seasons with different managers they have by hook or by crook found a way to beat us (at the SOL). All the games had from recollection similar traits, us dominant in possession and squandering numerous chances. Sunderland so deep they nearly drown and picking us off with one or 2 chances. Simply put they have a template on knowing how to beat us and it has worked numerous times and we have not had the answers.

I know the game is at Wembley but the question is have we learnt from our past experiences?. We still have great difficulty in breaking down and dismantling these types of teams as Saturday showed Vs Stoke. I just hope we find a way as defeat here could have an irreversible psychological effect on the rest of the season.

BLUEMATT23 said:
Sunderland are not a great side but over the past four seasons with different managers they have by hook or by crook found a way to beat us (at the SOL). All the games had from recollection similar traits, us dominant in possession and squandering numerous chances. Sunderland so deep they nearly drown and picking us off with one or 2 chances. Simply put they have a template on knowing how to beat us and it has worked numerous times and we have not had the answers.

I know the game is at Wembley but the question is have we learnt from our past experiences?. We still have great difficulty in breaking down and dismantling these types of teams as Saturday showed Vs Stoke. I just hope we find a way as defeat here could have an irreversible psychological effect on the rest of the season.

If both teams play average, we will get battered. We showed at Arsenal on Saturday how bad we are unfortunately. Mannone is a good keeper, Johnson has a good game 1 in 5, all of them in January unfortunately, we have not got a striker who is anywhere near prem quality, But the pubs serve beer in that there London town, and we will have fun. Love to see us both back there for the semis (rather we got someone else and saw you at fa cup final like)

thefullwellstep said:
noffer94 said:
For me it has to be javi Garcia in midfield with fernandinho and then yaya playing off the striker....we looked a far better team on Sunday when javi came on and yaya pushed forward
god it must be great supporting you. We have Jack Colback, seb Larsson and Craig Gardner to pick from
Yep, but you are a bogey team to us so they can't be all that bad!

BLUEMATT23 said:

If we lose we might as well call the season off, I reckon we will capitulate big time, but let's not think like that.

Sunderland will give us a game no doubt but I expect all of our big game players to step up and get us the win, the big benefit I think we will have is the size of the Wembley pitch, players like Silva, Nasri, Toure and Sergio thrive off those type of pitches.

I don't think Sergio will start as he has been out for 4 weeks and will only have one weeks training, but what I hope is Manuel not picking Negredo and Dzeko together, just one up top for me with Silva, Nasri and Navas in behind.

sam-caddick said:
BLUEMATT23 said:

If we lose we might as well call the season off, I reckon we will capitulate big time, but let's not think like that.

Sunderland will give us a game no doubt but I expect all of our big game players to step up and get us the win, the big benefit I think we will have is the size of the Wembley pitch, players like Silva, Nasri, Toure and Sergio thrive off those type of pitches.

I don't think Sergio will start as he has been out for 4 weeks and will only have one weeks training, but what I hope is Manuel not picking Negredo and Dzeko together, just one up top for me with Silva, Nasri and Navas in behind.
you have no idea how much that post scares us to death!! Having them options is ridiculous! We have Altidore

kcmcfc said:
I've looked through this but apologies if I missed something. Will I be able to watch this on tv in the States? Can't find it listed anywhere.

Should be on beIN SPORT but the schedule, at least on Uverse, doesn't show it yet.

thefullwellstep said:
sam-caddick said:
BLUEMATT23 said:

you have no idea how much that post scares us to death!! Having them options is ridiculous! We have Altidore

Obviously I hope City win , especially after last year FA Cup defeat , but have a great day out Mackems and always remember that any result is possible - 2011 League Cup - Arse 1 Birmingham City 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.