cup final day - london based blues

tueartsboots said:
blueballoon said:
Time will pass me by said:
I was at the Pride last time around but have managed to scrounge a ticket for the game this time. It seems many other London Blues have done the same.
Why not head to the ground and see what you can pick up. DD said else where if you want to get in you will.
There may not be another opportunity like this again for years.

Exactly No excuse not to be there tomorrow, London blues looking for a pub to watch the game in!!! Get to the ground, will be loads of briefs knocking around. If you can't get in this game, its probably best you are armchair supporters
What if we can't simply fucking afford it ? Twat.

Maybe forsake three nights in the boozer watching City and hey presto you will have enough to get the tube to Wembley and buy a ticket face value, there were loads knocking around on the day.

Will stick my neck on the line here and say will be at The Albion, Ludgate Circus. Round the corner from The Anchor, corner of Fleet Street-Blackfriars

blueballoon said:
tueartsboots said:
blueballoon said:
Exactly No excuse not to be there tomorrow, London blues looking for a pub to watch the game in!!! Get to the ground, will be loads of briefs knocking around. If you can't get in this game, its probably best you are armchair supporters
What if we can't simply fucking afford it ? Twat.

Maybe forsake three nights in the boozer watching City and hey presto you will have enough to get the tube to Wembley and buy a ticket face value, there were loads knocking around on the day.

Will stick my neck on the line here and say will be at The Albion, Ludgate Circus. Round the corner from The Anchor, corner of Fleet Street-Blackfriars
Yes, you're correct-what an insignificant **** I am.

I'd recommend the West End. Somewhere on the Piccadilly line like Covent Garden or Leicester Square should be welcoming. I'm going to Wembley otherwise I would try and organise something but, to be brutally honest, many of us have lost touch with each other now and the days of knowing The City Pride or The Blue Anchor would look after us are long gone.

A bit further afield will be bars around Euston and King's Cross used to football fans hanging around.

I will be taking my daughter to her first Wembley final on Sunday...so can't help too much with suggestions re pubs etc.

But... I would like to say that tueartsboots deserves a lot more credit for what he helped to put together a few years ago...

i.e. setting up a regular bar (initially City Pride) where London based blues could get together to watch a game.

The whole issue of London based blues is one where you have to tread a bit carefully.... because it is an area where historically we have sought to mock Utd...but the reality is that London contains old-score die-hard blues from donkeys years ago / "temporarily resident" blues who are there for work /career reasons / + a few more touristy types.

I've been in ( sort of centralish ) London for over 25 years....and what tueartboots achieved was to bring a whole load of blues together from a variety of backgrounds + meet up together to watch the team.

London is more expensive than Manchester in every sense...and I think some of the comments here need a reality check.
I'm not knocking the London OSC ...but from what I could see it was literally a travel club (i.e. organising train tickets etc up to Manchester.. rather than seeking to establish any central London "base" for fans to meet up....and this maybe reflected the more "outer-London" base of the key people involved)

tueartsboots was instrumental in bringing together a lot of blues from all over London / SE in a way that the OSC had never quite pulled off.
I accept it has all fizzled out....because of difficulty in finding right venue....but this simply makes the point about how difficult it is to find a place that keeps everyone happy.

"London is full of rags" isn't an argument I buy. I've lived down here for 8 long years and can count the Cockney Reds I've met on one hand and still have fingers left. There's one in my local pub and there's been one at work. Naturally, they're both cunts but, by and large, Londoners support their local teams. Clubs like Palace and West Ham have very strong followings from London and the Home Counties.

Tony did indeed do very well initially with The City Pride but their service and attitude was a disgrace. Regularly no more than two members of staff on despite Tony's gentle nudge of a full house expected, drinks were always running out and their FA Cup Final joke in 2011 was the final straw. They threw us all out at 6pm for a private party of which 10 people turned up for. We were then lied to about a refurbishment before The Blue Anchor never got going. It was busy for the title win but, as before, they had two barmaids on and they ran out of drinks. No wonder people got fed up. I shudder to think how much money I spent in those places (the ex-Mrs Peoffrey used to forget her purse regularly) and we got shit on by a family of Spurs fans.

We did have a nice hardcore of regulars but lives have taken many of them away. I go more often now so I'm unable to organise something because I'm not there to deal with it. Nothing lasts forever.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.