Some Of Our Fans

Good atmosphere in 538 and the lads behind were non stop with the songs. Good atmosphere and the not too sober near us were of the happy type so lots of hugs and handshakes rather than arguing.

Mackems were good all the way down Wembley Way and everyone chatting fine. Couple of lads at the station were singing "Won the cup and still dont sing" but their lack of knowledge of respect was put right pretty quickly.

No other trouble on tube or at ground so it looks like those who found it were unlucky this time around.

I must have been lucky as my day was fantastic from the first minute to the last[Ok apart from the first 45 minutes on the pitch,lol!]

I go to games on my own,my two best mates i used to go with in my youth now sadly no longer with us,gone too soon.

Everyone i spoke to and encountered yesterday was ace. I chatted with a lad from Wytheshawe on the 07:25 flight and had a laugh,especially when we both benefitted from the fit stewardess leaning over to fix the young kid's seatbelt next to him,her boobs in his face and her arse in mine,oh the joys of an aisle seat,lol!

I then had a couple of drinks and met some lovely locals and City fan's in the Sawyers Arms near Paddington station,one young drunken ginger haired City fan hugging me to death and repeating it when he saw me outside Wembley later,lol! A nice chat with a young couple on the train down and another chat later with the same couple who were on my flight home.Another great chat with a young lad from Dublin on the train back who had bought a ticket from a Blue Mooner on here,all in all a fantastic day.

There were over 30 thousand of our lot there yesterday and amongst that many people you will always get some that drink too much or can't behave properly,but on the whole most people are great.My heart goes out to any Blues who got stuck amongst arseholes but that is the lottery of a match,we can often find ourselves stuck in the company of people for ninety minutes we wouldn't normally choose to socialize with.

To anyone who i met and chatted with yesterday i hope you all got home safe and well and thanks for the company!

totallywired said:
Well what sort of fanbase do people who post on here want? The traditional working class fan, who after working all week, lets there hair down at weekend, by have a load of beer and a sing song. Or the new polite fan, who whines at anybody who stands up to sing, or acts a bit daft and swears a lot. There is also the much maligned `tourist`, who armed with camera and half &half scarf, is becoming a common sight now that we are winning trophies.Each of this group have forum members foaming at the mouth for some strang reason. I love the oiks and welcome the tourist as a sign of our growing global recognition. tHE POLITE WHINER, no. Just FUCK OFF.

It is also possible to have a working class fanbase who enjoy a drink, city songs and yet do not find it necessary to fight with other blues, act anti-social to their fellow fans and ruin the experience of others around them. The former is probably 99 percent of the fanbase, its the latter 1 percent people have the issue with.

totallywired said:
Well what sort of fanbase do people who post on here want? The traditional working class fan, who after working all week, lets there hair down at weekend, by have a load of beer and a sing song. Or the new polite fan, who whines at anybody who stands up to sing, or acts a bit daft and swears a lot. There is also the much maligned `tourist`, who armed with camera and half &half scarf, is becoming a common sight now that we are winning trophies.Each of this group have forum members foaming at the mouth for some strang reason. I love the oiks and welcome the tourist as a sign of our growing global recognition. tHE POLITE WHINER, no. Just FUCK OFF.

It's got nothing to do with working class. Most working class people behave decenltly....like any class.

I'm not sure what class the imbecile in 131 on our row was....but the class of his behaviour was as almost bad as it gets (he didn't hit aybody but he was abusive all afternoon). He quietened down a bit after we challenged him, but he was still a total tw@.

It wasnt really the beer that was the issue, plenty of pissed up blues around were absolutely fine. Its the drugs. If you cant handle it then dont do it

Zabbasbeard said:
totallywired said:

It's got nothing to do with working class. ost working class people behave decenltly....like any class.

I'm not sure what class the imbecile in 131 on our row was....but the class of his behaviour was as almost bad as it gets (he didn't hit aybody but he was abusive all afternoon). He quietened down a bit after we challenged him, but he was still a total tw@.
What row was this on? I was in 131 and thought the atmosphere was great, plenty of singing and apart from one lad who was pissed and shouting up to the Sunderland fans in CW above us I didn't see any other trouble. (I was in row 36)

Reading on a Sunderland forum that one of their lads in our end saw a group of blues dropping LSD at half time.

That's taking the drugs at a match to a whole new level. Be shooting up next

We've always had some choice supporters following our club. It's part of the charm of supporting City. I'm not trying to condone some of the more egregious matters referred to in this thread, especially where it affects children and young people, but people using a Wembley trip as an excuse to get hammered has been going on since well before our last League Cup win and any suggestions that our support has "changed", even based on the most outlandish things suggested in this thread, is utterly preposterous.

I've seen far, far worse in my 38 years following City than anything described in this thread. Like David Conn, some people have a perception of the past which seems to filter out most of the bad stuff.

I had my 4 and 10 year old sons with me, I didn't take them to the toilets because of the state of them, people pissing on walls and in sinks! Are people that desperate! In my section 551 there was a little hostility but nothing too much. Why can't the club have a family friendly section for our now regular trips to Wembley?

I was in 130 and two pillocks behind me was goading me shouting offensive remarks but they did not have bottle to show there faces in the end I confronted them and they did not say another word I don't think they city fans they was not interested in the game just to annoy people

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.