Are we over rated?

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
We need to get rid of some of the shit we carry and pay well.

Richards, Demichellis, Garcia, Clichy and Dzeko can go for starters.

Can't argue with that list to be honest....

sam663 said:
Baffling , isn't it ? The amount of money we have spent over the past years and yet we can't seem to find adequate fringe players .

The problem you have regardless of money is attracting quality players to be your 2nd string,,,,,,,,,,,,, would Messi come to sit on the bench? Would we hold on to Silva / Nasri if we got Messi and one of them was guaranteed not even making the bench most weeks. I doubt any club could retain 24 the services of 24 world class first team quality regulars season in season out - regardless of wages and fees paid

cookster said:
The money has not been spent wisely with the odd exception. No closer to the Bayern's of this world than we were 3 years ago.
That end bit hurts so much coz it's true.

NoahCity said:
citymad said:
NoahCity said:
Knee-jerk mania on here

you must have thick skin mate if your not shocked or upset at this result today.
I'm surprised, but you got to move on. Upsets happen, we played pretty hard in the last 30 minutes. Less fixture congestion I suppose. Our first team is still one of the strongest around, and the league is still in our hands as well as a big game against Barca.

You're right of course but the Fa cup was still our best chance of further success. We all know full well Maureen isn't going to blow this title lead. His challenge is based on a superb defence and an ability to see out a game successfully. We'll have to go pretty much unbeaten from now on to win this year. As for Barca,can you really trust our defence to shut out Neymar, Sanchez and that other little fella, i think his name is Messi ? I can't. We might win on Weds but we're unlikely to shut them out all game. Hopefully i'm completely wrong.

citymad said:
Yes. Clearly our fringe players neither have the ambition nor ability to push for a first team place. Our first 12 are very good but you need a squad to be successful in more than the league cup.

I think this has been mentioned before. We have the best team in the League of that I'm sure. The problem is that when you get past the first 12 or 13 the drop off in quality is staggering plus we have at least 2 players who you know won't play double figure games as they are always injured.

I just hope that today doesn't derail our season. Best team won on merit. Well done Uwe.

Nothing wrong with the squad in all honesty. The issue is more to do with the way we use our players.

Lescott is now shit (apparently) even though he was part of the best defences in the league two season ago. Same for Richards and Nastasic. This season now clichy is not a regular he is shit and when he was a regular Kolorov was the shit one.

Today the vast majority of that side were first choice and they were as culpable as anyone else.

bluethrunthru said:
The problem you have regardless of money is attracting quality players to be your 2nd string,,,,,,,,,,,,, would Messi come to sit on the bench? Would we hold on to Silva / Nasri if we got Messi and one of them was guaranteed not even making the bench most weeks. I doubt any club could retain 24 the services of 24 world class first team quality regulars season in season out - regardless of wages and fees paid

You don't need world-class and expensive players to be your second string !!
Monaco paid around 20 million pounds for Mountinho , the same amount of money we paid for Javi fuc**** Garcia !!

Rodwell , Jovetic , Adebayor , Santa Cruz , Dzeko , Wright-Phillips , Demichelis , Maicon , Clichy(apart from the title winning season ) and the list goes on , were all waste of money .

I think we're over-rated but not by us on here. It's the media who go mental when we have a good little run and say we are going for the quadruple. They build us up so they can knck us down and they enjoy it.

We made great strides in the transfer market last summer, Negredo, Navas and Fernandinho in particular have done well and been good additions. Another good summer like last summer and I think we will be a top team, just carrying a few too many Javi Garcia's who aren't cut out for English football. We need another good 'runner' midfielder a'la Fernandinho to cover that area as he's the only one of that type we've got and we miss him sorely when he's gone.

cookster said:
The money has not been spent wisely with the odd exception. No closer to the Bayern's of this world than we were 3 years ago.
We have players we needed when we were moving from top 10 to top 4. We paid a lot for those players because we needed to attract them to City. We've just held onto them for too long. Our defence is atrocious.

Its a hard one, we are capable of playing the best football on the planet on our day but our form has been rubbish lately but because its city people over exaggerate. We need to offload certain players and bring in better ones

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.