Are we over rated?

Think we've forgotten how to get the ball forward quickly. If we stretch teams we can pull them apart, if we let them get 10 men behind the ball were stumped.

sam663 said:
bluethrunthru said:
The problem you have regardless of money is attracting quality players to be your 2nd string,,,,,,,,,,,,, would Messi come to sit on the bench? Would we hold on to Silva / Nasri if we got Messi and one of them was guaranteed not even making the bench most weeks. I doubt any club could retain 24 the services of 24 world class first team quality regulars season in season out - regardless of wages and fees paid

You don't need world-class and expensive players to be your second string !!
Monaco paid around 20 million pounds for Mountinho , the same amount of money we paid for Javi fuc**** Garcia !!

Rodwell , Jovetic , Adebayor , Santa Cruz , Dzeko , Wright-Phillips , Demichelis , Maicon , Clichy(apart from the title winning season ) and the list goes on , were all waste of money .
again, most of these players we needed to move into top 10. Jovetic is one for the future tho and looks pretty sharp.

yes, I've been saying this since the start of the season. All I ever heard was 'we're strong because we have a good depth of the squad"
Which is complete bollocks

citymad said:
NoahCity said:
Knee-jerk mania on here

you must have thick skin mate if your not shocked or upset at this result today.

-- Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:34 pm --

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
We need to get rid of some of the shit we carry and pay well.

Richards, Demichellis, Garcia, Clichy and Dzeko can go for starters.

TBF to Garcia, i thought he had a decent game today. He was up against a Wigan midfield that pressed and kept their shape.
What? Garcia was wank. You cant get on at MDM and give Garcia a free ride. He was very lucky that stupid pass to fortune was wasted.

AliWaheed said:
cookster said:
The money has not been spent wisely with the odd exception. No closer to the Bayern's of this world than we were 3 years ago.
We have players we needed when we were moving from top 10 to top 4. We paid a lot for those players because we needed to attract them to City. We've just held onto them for too long. Our defence is atrocious.

Exactly, Bayern are Bayern, they have been established for yeas as the top team in germany. We have come from nothing basically to becoming a big team within 5 years. It's not a fair comparison, we needed some of those players for the 'in-between' phase to keep growing and building when the best players wouldn't come to us.

I agree though the summer before last when we got Nastasic etc was an absolutely atrocious time for us on transfers. We should have been getting Hazard etc and we ended up with utter tosh.

AliWaheed said:
again, most of these players we needed to move into top 10. Jovetic is one for the future tho and looks pretty sharp.

Don't give me this " needed to move into top 10 " thing , both Moutinho and Rodriguez are playing in front of 18,000 fans and on lesser wages .

Yes. Our strongest 11 is very good, but then our bench isn't good enough (except 1 or 2 max). The game against Chelsea was the perfect example. Looking at their bench and seeing the likes of Oscar, Cole, Lampard, Salah as opposed to Boyata, Lopes and Rodwell says it all. We don't have 'strength in depth' at all, take Kompany, Zaba, Yaya, Silva and Aguero out we look very poor.

Our squad in depth? Yes.

Our best 11? No.

Our Manager? No, because no one in their right mind rates him anyway.

The most frustrating thing about this situation is that it's probably going to take another 70 to 100m this summer to sort out our defence and more strength in midfield.

We should be in a position where we maybe just need 1 top class player per season to integrate with the rest of the squad.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.