Barcelona Away Stories

Thanks to BA, who cancelled our flight to Heathrow this evening, after online check in, with only 7 hours notice, we, and quite a few other blues, had an unforeseen visit to Madrid this afternoon, losing half a day's site seeing in Barcelona.

Not so much a "story", more observations on the place.

We had a great day and half in Barcelona (should have had more time but for BA), mostly a very nice city, some very nice people, but some not very nice people (though I personally avoided them, but others in my group didn't).

The stadium is a shit hole, very poorly organised, with some serious health and safety issues.

Many of their "fans" make united fans look half decent (in the arrogant/ignorant stakes, though not the knuckle dragger stakes, and the majority have little or no passion until they've scored at least).

I do love how they can appoint their own referees though, I seriously hope City look into this aspect of the game, its bloody clever.

Paid €100 for ticket outside ground so was buzzing till I noticed my phone had been dipped. Took an old phone so not to bothered but always said it.d never happen to me. Ha how wrong was I. Brilliant 2 days Tuesday was mental in that temple bar off rambles.

CheethamHillBlue said:
blue underpants said:
A lot of Blues have now moved on to Calella

Been in Calella since Sunday till this Sunday and for all the Blues that have stayed at the H Top Amaika and during the day have watched the racing at the Alcatraz, you're a credit to the club. Everyone out for a good time, not a knobhead in sight and a pleasure to share a glass of beer or three with yous.
Safe journey home tomorrow for those who have to fly home.
We'll be giving the United fan owner of Alcatraz some sh1t on Saturday while watching us at Hull.
Some of my Rochdale mates are there until Sunday as well, said that rag owner of Alcatraz has done one on holiday somewhere knowing he was about to be invaded by Blues, typical rag

Notinmylifetime said:
A group of 17 of us went on the one day 'bombing raid' from Manchester. Well 16, one overslept. One of the party arranged a last minute replacement flight from Liverpool, so he caught back up with us by 2.00pm ish in Barcelona, so full compliment of 17 again. An afternoon spent sampling the local nectar and unfortunately one of the group added at least 3 bottles of team jagermeister. This probably accounted for lost phones, lost jackets, lost passports, lost boarding cards and occasionally being lost. Unfortunately one member is still there in hospital ( wishing you a speedy recovery ) and one missed the flight due to his lost passport. Managed to be the last plane to land at fog bound Manchester, the plane after us being diverted to Newcastle. All in all a brilliant day out.

Is the hospital one the lad that fell over in the square and banged his head. Knocked out and blood pouring ?

Had my ticket all day....come to check my pockets before hopping in a taxi to the ground....No ticket.

It were like the biggest come down ever....i got in the taxi in the hope i could somehow get in.....my mate got my through the first part by passinghis ticket back to me....when we got to the turnstiles he activated his ticket and passed it straight back to me.....i then tried to get in and obviously it wouldn't let me so i went to the nearest officer and told him i'd activated my ticket and someone had gone straight in front of me and ran off.....he let me in straight away without any question.....i ran off screaming with joy as if i'd just witnessed the Aguero goal over again.

barryo said:
Notinmylifetime said:
A group of 17 of us went on the one day 'bombing raid' from Manchester. Well 16, one overslept. One of the party arranged a last minute replacement flight from Liverpool, so he caught back up with us by 2.00pm ish in Barcelona, so full compliment of 17 again. An afternoon spent sampling the local nectar and unfortunately one of the group added at least 3 bottles of team jagermeister. This probably accounted for lost phones, lost jackets, lost passports, lost boarding cards and occasionally being lost. Unfortunately one member is still there in hospital ( wishing you a speedy recovery ) and one missed the flight due to his lost passport. Managed to be the last plane to land at fog bound Manchester, the plane after us being diverted to Newcastle. All in all a brilliant day out.

Is the hospital one the lad that fell over in the square and banged his head. Knocked out and blood pouring ?
I was wondering this too he just keeled over straight in front of me ,we were trying to put him in the recovery position but the police came flying in ,hope he's ok looked a bad cut .

machine9 said:
barryo said:
Notinmylifetime said:

I was wondering this too he just keeled over straight in front of me ,we were trying to put him in the recovery position but the police came flying in ,hope he's ok looked a bad cut .

He fractured his shoulder and will need an operation. He hopes to get out of Barcelona hospital on Monday. Not sure if he was insured or not or whether he'll get a big bill or not. Felt sorry for him as he's a really nice bloke.

ctidcarl said:
Tim of the Oak said:
Taxi to the airport this morning and we were singing the Malcolm Glazer song throughout the journey!! I hadn't heard it before..

Lyrics / Tune??

(please!!)

To the Pablo Zaba classic tune

Ohhhh his name is Malcolm glazer he thinks he is so flash. he tried to buy a football club he didn't have the cash. he borrowed lots of money the rags were so upset. and now we're fucking loaded and there in fucking debt

Tim of the Oak said:
ctidcarl said:
Tim of the Oak said:
Taxi to the airport this morning and we were singing the Malcolm Glazer song throughout the journey!! I hadn't heard it before..

Lyrics / Tune??

(please!!)

To the Pablo Zaba classic tune

Ohhhh his name is Malcolm glazer he thinks he is so flash. he tried to buy a football club he didn't have the cash. he borrowed lots of money the rags were so upset. and now we're fucking loaded and there in fucking debt

I like that. A lot.

Notinmylifetime said:
machine9 said:
barryo said:

He fractured his shoulder and will need an operation. He hopes to get out of Barcelona hospital on Monday. Not sure if he was insured or not or whether he'll get a big bill or not. Felt sorry for him as he's a really nice bloke.
All the best to the lad hope things turn out ok.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.