City in New York this summer.

Cheers for the feedback.

Update: Flights to NYC booked, tickets to watch Olympiakos v City, City v Bindippers and Yankees v someone or other.

Flights to Miami still to be booked along with a cruise in the Bahamas.

Happy days.

Mad Ferret said:
Still not book a hotel yet.

What area is the mad hatter located and is it easily accessible to and from the stadium ?

The Mad Hatter is in Manhattan and Yankee Stadium is in the Bronx. They are not close at all. I'm not familiar with NYC's subway train system but I am guessing you can take the train from the MH to the stadium. It is not walkable. It would take FOREVER, if it is even possible. And a good chance you'd meet with misfortune on the way if you walked.

better dead than red said:
Mad Ferret said:

What area is the mad hatter located and is it easily accessible to and from the stadium ?

The Mad Hatter is in Manhattan and Yankee Stadium is in the Bronx. They are not close at all. I'm not familiar with NYC's subway train system but I am guessing you can take the train from the MH to the stadium. It is not walkable. It would take FOREVER, if it is even possible. And a good chance you'd meet with misfortune on the way if you walked.

<a class="postlink" href="http://madhatternyc.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://madhatternyc.com/</a>
The pub is on the east side, 360 3rd Ave (at the corner of 3rd Ave and 26th Street)

The Green line (number 4) is a short walk from the pub and takes you straight to the stadium.
Yankee Stadium:
One East 161st Street, Bronx, NY
The Yankee Stadium subway stop is located on East 161st Street and River Avenue. The No. 4 train (East Side) and the B and D trains (West Side) make stops at 161st Street/Yankee Stadium. A trip from Midtown Manhattan takes approximately 25 minutes. For more information, call the MTA at (718) 330-1234 or visit <a class="postlink" href="http://www.mta.info" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mta.info</a>.

I also think (but not 100% sure) that there maybe transport provided at the pub.
I am on a 12am bus back to Boston so at least with the game ending around 9pm, should be well back at the pub for a few final scoops of the day and then sleep all the way home!

Mad Ferret said:

Its only about 3 miles to walk, ive done it before. Wasnt the most fun walk, just one straight line, but it is easy enough

CTID1988 said:
Mad Ferret said:

Its only about 3 miles to walk, ive done it before. Wasnt the most fun walk, just one straight line, but it is easy enough

Fair enough. Thanks, mate. I was under the impression you had to do a bridge or tunnel or something to get there. Not sure about new Yankee Stadium but the area around the old one is dodgy. Probably the same as I think they are close by?

I used to have to go to NYC once a month for a few days for work. I figured the breakfast was complimentary since it was just sitting out so I grabbed a plain bagel and small glass of OJ. The guy came over and handed me a check for $9.00 (£5.37).

Mad Ferret said:

Take the 6 train from 28th Street and transfer to the 4 train at 42nd Street. It is very easy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.