Grand National!

Posted this on last years thread & always worth a read...

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.grand-national-guide.co.uk/grand-national-trends.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.grand-national-guide.co.uk/g ... trends.php</a>

The cookie monster said:
Posted this on last years thread & always worth a read...

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.grand-national-guide.co.uk/grand-national-trends.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.grand-national-guide.co.uk/g ... trends.php</a>

I like the rating bit cookie but the last time an 8 year old won was 2002 and 12yr old just gets in - in 2004.
it's like the stats are put before us to suit there needs.

like i said i will look at the rating bit along with other bits on my stats post LOL

mackenzie said:
bennyblue said:
Im not into teaforthree at all yes its a decent horse but ive never come across nor can think of a horse that has been placed in the national then go onto win it, horses have won it then been placed but not vice versa unless someone else knows different, plenty of rain forecast this week so ground should be perfect chasing ground of good to soft

Hallo Dandy.
4th the first time then won it the year after.

L'escargot - 3rd 1973, 2nd 1974, WON 1975
Amberleigh House - 3rd 2003, WON 2004.

Blue Punter said:
mackenzie said:
bennyblue said:
Im not into teaforthree at all yes its a decent horse but ive never come across nor can think of a horse that has been placed in the national then go onto win it, horses have won it then been placed but not vice versa unless someone else knows different, plenty of rain forecast this week so ground should be perfect chasing ground of good to soft

Hallo Dandy.

Its good to stand corrected didnt go as far back as 84 but missed amberleigh house

Mad Eyed Screamer said:
Same bet I have every year. 2 horses to be put down.

I normally back 2 horses in the national, one from amongst the favourites and an each way outsider. Either last year or the one before that the 2 that I'd backed were both killed during the race!

Bluemoon dan said:
Mad Eyed Screamer said:

I normally back 2 horses in the national, one from amongst the favourites and an each way outsider. Either last year or the one before that the 2 that I'd backed were both killed during the race!

Shot by Native Indians?

bennyblue said:
Blue Punter said:
mackenzie said:
Hallo Dandy.

Its good to stand corrected didnt go as far back as 84 but missed amberleigh house

I can't back Teaforthree at the current price. Especially as the value disappeared when Pricewise & Hugh Taylor tipped it at 25/1.

I backed a couple antepost, possibly with a view to trade.

Colbert Station 109/1 (McCoy may ride it).
Double Seven 33/1 (As above).
Mountainous 169/1 (Probably only run on soft ground).
Long Run 20/1 (No course form, but Henderson has been bullish).

Someone mention Balthazar King earlier. Watched a re-run of 2013 and it ran a cracker last year before fading on the 2nd circuit.

battle group 50/1 absolute rogue of a horse but loves it round aintree, if it jumps off could run well at a huge price. Think long run will run well but 14/1 is short enough. Baltazhar King is a cracking horse but if ground turns soft wouldnt be backing it. The real interesting one in the market is Prince de Beauchene, missed out last 2 years when ante post favourite, if it turns up this yr 20/1 could be a tasty price.

Davs 19 said:
Mad Eyed Screamer said:

Ban it. Horse murdering bastards.

Bastards.

Then why not start an animal rights thread if you feel that strongly about it, rather than ruin one dedicated to folk's tips for the race instead?
Maybe that boring plastic Sherman who is unable to take a shit without asking Morrissey which toilet paper he should use to wipe his arse afterwards could assist.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.