Most consecutive games home and away as a fan

awaydayblue said:
Paul Beeton I think he is called? Bournemouth away midweek was his 2000th consecutive league game!!! Absolutely phenomenal that!! Not sure about Cups and Europe as to whether he treats them seperately or not, but doubt if anyone has done so long in league games without missing. Brilliant achievement.
First match was against City.
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-26717557

Mad Eyed Screamer said:
awaydayblue said:
Guilty as charged your Honour! lol - Started present run 22nd April 1989 at home, a 2-1 defeat to Barnsley (Lakey scored for us). However I met a fellow Blue in Plzen whose run extends back to 1987, if he is reading this I hope he doesnt mind me saying he is a bit older than me lol! Its been a pleasure and privilege to follow our great Club, I consider myself to have been extremely fortunate to have had the opportunity to do so, being married to the best girl in the world (Jane - New Moston's finest!), and having great pals, and having made lifelong friends through City (too numerous to list here), not to mention good health and employment etc. Respect to all you Blues out there CTWD
What was the reason for missing the game before the Barnsley game?

He got married to Jane...

levets said:
Mad Eyed Screamer said:
awaydayblue said:
Guilty as charged your Honour! lol - Started present run 22nd April 1989 at home, a 2-1 defeat to Barnsley (Lakey scored for us). However I met a fellow Blue in Plzen whose run extends back to 1987, if he is reading this I hope he doesnt mind me saying he is a bit older than me lol! Its been a pleasure and privilege to follow our great Club, I consider myself to have been extremely fortunate to have had the opportunity to do so, being married to the best girl in the world (Jane - New Moston's finest!), and having great pals, and having made lifelong friends through City (too numerous to list here), not to mention good health and employment etc. Respect to all you Blues out there CTWD
What was the reason for missing the game before the Barnsley game?

He got married to Jane...

Nearly! - Best man at brother in law's wedding, Id done a couple of seasons in the 80's where I missed a couple of games and it was driving me mad as wanted to do the full set for one season, then when I did it, it snowballed a bit, OCD whatever you want to call it, but have never regretted a single second as following City is great, but you all know that anyway.............<br /><br />-- Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:41 pm --<br /><br />
Ticket For Schalke said:
Knowlsy i know does most games, Colin Davies and Cheryl Brennan deserve an honoury mention too, when did you last miss an England game Sean?

too many misses to mention lol! managed to get 4 years home and away with the 3 lions under my belt from 2005-2009 - but City and the Mrs with European trips takes precedence , so have kept England home record up as best I can (1 miss since 1998 due to work commitments), but not ashamed to admit Club first as finances allow, 6 numbers up on the pools and Id get back to England aways again no probs lol :-)

awaydayblue said:

-- Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:25 pm --

alib said:
Reading about a Leeds fan the other day who hasn't missed a game since1967!!!

Paul Beeton I think he is called? Bournemouth away midweek was his 2000th consecutive league game!!! Absolutely phenomenal that!! Not sure about Cups and Europe as to whether he treats them seperately or not, but doubt if anyone has done so long in league games without missing. Brilliant achievement.

Truly awesome.

Can't imagine the dedication that involves.

I went to every home game and a few aways one year back in the 1980s when I was a student in Fallowfield and close to the ground.

That was my high tide. Events and the jobs have interrupted it ever since. I have to say the job takes precedence even though I don't love the job and I love City.

I might not be at the ground, but in the words of Willie Nelson : "you are always on my mind"

Ticket For Schalke said:
Knowlsy i know does most games, Colin Davies and Cheryl Brennan deserve an honorary mention too,

agreed - NG, Kippax, Daz, Shez, Gilly, Daz Page, GC , Cheesy, DD - GG , Jocky, PG, HJ, AJ, Wilky, IN - and many more, but all down to personal circumstances, and doesnt make any of us bigger fans than the next person, thats not what we are about - mcfc together<br /><br />-- Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:51 pm --<br /><br />
CITYBOY1000 said:
awaydayblue said:

Truly awesome.

Can't imagine the dedication that involves.

I went to every home game and a few aways one year back in the 1980s when I was a student in Fallowfield and close to the ground.

That was my high tide. Events and the jobs have interrupted it ever since. I have to say the job takes precedence even though I don't love the job and I love City.

I might not be at the ground, but in the words of Willie Nelson : "you are always on my mind"
- good words!!! Everyone contributes in their own way, and its good to know we've got some young dedicated fans coming through, ready to take over when us old school lads are retired and join the pipe and slippers brigade........! ctwd

there are loads who havent missed. ive missed 16 since 1973. thats not bad but there is alot who can beat me.they no who they are,

nill of reddish said:
there are loads who havent missed. ive missed 16 since 1973. thats not bad but there is alot who can beat me.they no who they are,

Missing just 16 games since 73 is a remarkable achievement, fair play to the guy's who beat you mate.

awaydayblue said:

alib said:
Reading about a Leeds fan the other day who hasn't missed a game since1967!!!

Out of interest did you take city up on the superia deal?

nill of reddish said:

And if you are who I think you are then I went to a few of those games with you in the 70's mate. Long time no see!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.