Inside Manchester City ITV4

Cookieproof said:
ErnieBilko said:
Looking forward to it.

Does anyone remember that time City featured on 'Nationwide', an old BBC programme? I seem to recall it was a time of some optimism under Swales, but surprise, surprise, it ended in tears. I can't recall the exact year, sometime in the 1970s, or what the drama was. Or am I dreaming this?

No you're not dreaming this Ernie. It was during the 1977-78 season when the Nationwide was given full access. If I remember correctly it was a weekly slot and I remember Colin Bell being filmed running up and down streets in Manchester to regain fitness after his knee injury, although that could have been on 'Kick Off'.

I sent for a brochure that accompanied this programme - sure its up in my loft................ weekend quest coming on.........

bluethrunthru said:
Cookieproof said:
ErnieBilko said:
Looking forward to it.

Does anyone remember that time City featured on 'Nationwide', an old BBC programme? I seem to recall it was a time of some optimism under Swales, but surprise, surprise, it ended in tears. I can't recall the exact year, sometime in the 1970s, or what the drama was. Or am I dreaming this?

No you're not dreaming this Ernie. It was during the 1977-78 season when the Nationwide was given full access. If I remember correctly it was a weekly slot and I remember Colin Bell being filmed running up and down streets in Manchester to regain fitness after his knee injury, although that could have been on 'Kick Off'.

I sent for a brochure that accompanied this programme - sure its up in my loft................ weekend quest coming on.........

The programme was called "Saturday s Heroes". And featured the team training in Cheadle at what is now Cheadle Town

Loved it. Couldn't help but be impressed by the whole set-up, professionalism and sense of drive and ambition behind the scenes.

Shame Shazza uses Canon rather than Nikon, but other than that ......... #motivating

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.