Alternative conservatory roofing.

Hart of the Matter

Got a large conservatory with glass roof panels. South facing and gets very hot very quick. Faded materials on sofas etc. seen some products such as protective film, paints or even remove able covers to go on outside. Also seen replacement solid panels. Anyone any experience of these products or suggest alternatives. Blinds are a none starter ( loads of oddly shaped panels....

Hart of the matter said:
Got a large conservatory with glass roof panels. South facing and gets very hot very quick. Faded materials on sofas etc. seen some products such as protective film, paints or even remove able covers to go on outside. Also seen replacement solid panels. Anyone any experience of these products or suggest alternatives. Blinds are a none starter ( loads of oddly shaped panels....

My old man has a large conservatory with old shaped panels and he has blinds that can be drawn individually or all together. They do keep the heat down in the summer but trap wasps, bees and flies.

the best bet is to replace the roof.

you have a couple of ready made options available to you: -

1) replace glass panels with solid premade UPVC panels filled with insulation

2) replace complete roof structure with plastic insulated modular roof

or

3) i got a quote from a local builder to replace my roof with wood trusses, insulated panels, proper tiled roof and plasterboarded with new electrics for £3.5k

get down the garden centre and invest in a few mature trees with plenty of foliage - nature's shade, comes for free :)

If you buy fruit trees you also get a world of free produce as a bonus!

Tuearts right boot said:
Hart of the matter said:
Got a large conservatory with glass roof panels. Blinds are a none starter (loads of oddly shaped panels....)
My old man has a large conservatory with old shaped panels and he has blinds that can be drawn individually or all together.
I think tension pleated blinds can be made to most irregular shapes.

Edit: If you order from the company from which I was recently sacked, please let them know!

BigJimLittleJim said:
get down the garden centre and invest in a few mature trees with plenty of foliage - nature's shade, comes for free :)

If you buy fruit trees you also get a world of free produce as a bonus!
It's not free then is it.quite expensive really

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.