Atmosphere yesterday

Didsbury Dave said:
jrb said:
The 1894 Tweet was mentioned on here and it's still on their Twitter page, so what I'm about to post is already out.

1894 are about to, or have already approached the club about turning the current away blocks, 114-115 in the away end, into proper singing sections, when the away fans are relocated to other parts of the expanded South Stand. That's all I know.

Hopefully the lads from 1894 can and will tell us some more?

From a personal point of view. If the club don't take this once in a lifetime opportunity, then it's obvious the will within the club truly isn't there to improve the atmosphere at the Etihad.

I hope I'm wrong. :-)

It has always been the only answer.

It has DD.

The current singing sections don't work. Correction, they work for the big and important games. Even then they don't always work. Barcelona., etc.

The current singing sections are a mixture of fans who want to sing most of the time, some of the time, and not at all.

What is needed is a block or two full of fans who want to sing most of the time, something like the current Crystal Palace set up.

With blocks 115 and/or 114 on one side of the away fans, and blocks 111 and 110 on the other side of the away fans, the vocal support could be constant and loud at the Etihad.

Nothing against new City fans, but if the club fills blocks 115 and 114 with new City fans who would rather sit and watch the match in quiet, Operation One End-esc, remember? Then the atmosphere at the Etihad will only get worse. They will act as a quiet buffer zone between the SS and the remaining away fans.

If the club really wants to improve the atmosphere at the Etihad on a game by game basis, it can do it. Give blocks 115 and half of 114 over to the 1894 Group and work with them and the fans to create a better matchday atmosphere/experience.

If the club can turn the lower tier of the North Stand into a Family Stand, there is no reason why they can't turn one and a half vacated blocks into a proper singing section behind one of the goals.

Our current singing section is in the wrong area.

What we need to do is move the current singing section fans into the south stand right across towards the south stand corner then we will have a 1 lower tier full of people who want to sing.

They currently get about 200 seats and generate next to nothing

I used to sit in 326 CB3 and 110 always seemed to be louder than SS1 to me.

I moved to 117 in SS1 this season as I couldn't afford CB3 anymore plus being in SS1 I thought would give me and young Master Bow the opportunity to join in with the singing. This season there have been games where it's been a little flat all around the ground but there has always been singing. Obviously being in 117 now, I think SS1 is "loud and proud" every game.

If we look at the Hamburg atmosphere as being the ultimate (just by way of example) it needed everybody to sing their hearts out. If we look at the Southampton game, 117 were singing most of the way through the game quite loudly (or so it seemed to me). 110 were singing, but where I'm stood the sound does not carry very well, so they seemed quiet.

Conclusion:

The ground's natural acoustics just aren't conducive to pockets of singers.

strongbowholic said:
Conclusion:

The ground's natural acoustics just aren't conducive to pockets of singers.

Agree with this. Would be good if the 110-111ers were brought across into the south stand proper and have 3 blocks of singers - that would help atmosphere more than 2 blocks singing seperated by the away fans.

Can we just lock everyone in until the final whistle.... Yawn yawn i know but its getting worse... There is no excuse for half the crowd to leave like Saturday... Wouldn't it be great to have the whole crowd singing for the last 5 minutes, we can dream

jrb said:
Didsbury Dave said:
jrb said:
The 1894 Tweet was mentioned on here and it's still on their Twitter page, so what I'm about to post is already out.

1894 are about to, or have already approached the club about turning the current away blocks, 114-115 in the away end, into proper singing sections, when the away fans are relocated to other parts of the expanded South Stand. That's all I know.

Hopefully the lads from 1894 can and will tell us some more?

From a personal point of view. If the club don't take this once in a lifetime opportunity, then it's obvious the will within the club truly isn't there to improve the atmosphere at the Etihad.

I hope I'm wrong. :-)

It has always been the only answer.

It has DD.

The current singing sections don't work. Correction, they work for the big and important games. Even then they don't always work. Barcelona., etc.

The current singing sections are a mixture of fans who want to sing most of the time, some of the time, and not at all.

What is needed is a block or two full of fans who want to sing most of the time, something like the current Crystal Palace set up.

With blocks 115 and/or 114 on one side of the away fans, and blocks 111 and 110 on the other side of the away fans, the vocal support could be constant and loud at the Etihad.

Nothing against new City fans, but if the club fills blocks 115 and 114 with new City fans who would rather sit and watch the match in quiet, Operation One End-esc, remember? Then the atmosphere at the Etihad will only get worse. They will act as a quiet buffer zone between the SS and the remaining away fans.

If the club really wants to improve the atmosphere at the Etihad on a game by game basis, it can do it. Give blocks 115 and half of 114 over to the 1894 Group and work with them and the fans to create a better matchday atmosphere/experience.

If the club can turn the lower tier of the North Stand into a Family Stand, there is no reason why they can't turn one and a half vacated blocks into a proper singing section behind one of the goals.

This could have happened and the numpties in the South Stand/111 vetoed it.

The club did a survey a couple of years ago where they were considering just moving the away fans to the other side of the south stand and relocating the existing South Stand fans to the away section. This would have brought both singing sections together giving the ground once voice, twice as loud. AS far as I can gather most people who sit elsewhere could see the problem: two songs starting at once in the big games, two quiet independant sections in the small games. But those in the signing areas were oblivious and voted to keep things as they were.

The problem is the way that songs spread, or rather don't. Bordering each singing area on one side is the away fans and on the other is expensive seats who don't sing. The singing rarely spreads enough for the occasional singers around the rest of the ground to feel comfortable enough to join in. The songs don't spread upwards because the acoustics mean that is you are sitting behind a singing area you can't really hear it.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: if the club don't address this with the expansion they are fools.

Skashion said:
The main problem is that most people just aren't that bothered about atmosphere. It's a fairly niche interest.

The whole thing has changed though.

If I remember right there were loads of gangs of young lads aged 15 to 21 in the old days.

Full of energy and anger.

It's all gone.

mancityvstoke said:
Skashion said:
The main problem is that most people just aren't that bothered about atmosphere. It's a fairly niche interest.

The whole thing has changed though.

If I remember right there were loads of gangs of young lads aged 15 to 21 in the old days.

Full of energy and anger.

It's all gone.

Agree lot to do with price the demographic of most clubs has changed, used to be full of young lads now its full of middle aged men so atmosphere will suffer

Nothing wrong with the stadium acoustics or where the away fans are situated. The atmosphere is shit because of the fans. Only got to read the metrolink thread to realise that City fans are more arsed about how long it takes to get home than cheering the team on.

We're trying to win the league and the stadium is half empty at the start and three quarters empty at the end. A good couple of thousand season ticket holders can't be arsed going to the match. What is that all about?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.