Manchester City vs Liverpool pre-match thread (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
gungho-tactics said:
Steak Bake said:
BlueSniffer said:
I have a feeeling the pressure will be too much for their younger/inexperianced players - 1-3. The pressure is on them to win as a draw will be a good for us with our remaining games. They have Chelsea to play who I think will at least get a draw.

No thats not true. Pressure is on City I am afraid - no-one expects Liverpool to win the league really.

City have been favourites all season and spent a huge amount on new players - pressure all on your boys today but I think you'll come through it!

Liverpool spent "huge amount " on new players as well.

Not really. Fernandinho cost as much as Suarez and Sturridge put together didn't he?

You can't compare your spending to Liverpool's, no way.

Steak Bake said:
BlueSniffer said:
I have a feeeling the pressure will be too much for their younger/inexperianced players - 1-3. The pressure is on them to win as a draw will be a good for us with our remaining games. They have Chelsea to play who I think will at least get a draw.

No thats not true. Pressure is on City I am afraid - no-one expects Liverpool to win the league really.

City have been favourites all season and spent a huge amount on new players - pressure all on your boys today but I think you'll come through it!

Spending huge amounts didnt help you lot did it..nearly £70 mill on Mata and A&E.

Its not how much youve spent,its what you do with the talent youve bought.

#SOD

Steak Bake said:
gungho-tactics said:
Steak Bake said:

Not really. Fernandinho cost as much as Suarez and Sturridge put together didn't he?

Fernandinho is more valuable , that's why.

But there's no denying that Liverpool spent a HUGE amount of money since 1990 . They've yet to lift the premier league trophy though.

samharris said:
Steak Bake said:
BlueSniffer said:

Spending huge amounts didnt help you lot did it..nearly £70 mill on Mata and A&E.

Why has every debate always got to go back to Man Utd? Can't you simply forget about is just for 1 day? We spent a load of money on a shit midfielder and a genius who Moyes doesn't know how to use because he won't drop both the Fat Scouser and RVP. But that's for another thread.

And we were one of the favourites until everyone saw how Moyes managed us and we quickly dissapeared into the wilderness. We just have our memories at the moment but will come good again when Moyes fucks off.<br /><br />-- Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:04 am --<br /><br />
gungho-tactics said:
Steak Bake said:
gungho-tactics said:

Fernandinho is more valuable , that's why.

But there's no denying that Liverpool spent a HUGE amount of money since 1990 . They've yet to lift the premier league trophy though.

Fernandinho more valuable than Luis Suarez? Riiiiiiight.

Steak Bake said:
samharris said:
Steak Bake said:

Why has every debate always got to go back to Man Utd? Can't you simply forget about is just for 1 day? We spent a load of money on a shit midfielder and a genius who Moyes doesn't know how to use because he won't drop both the Fat Scouser and RVP. But that's for another thread.

And we were one of the favourites until everyone saw how Moyes managed us and we quickly dissapeared into the wilderness. We just have our memories at the moment but will come good again when Moyes fucks off.

Just pointing out to your sly dig you moron...wake up ffs.

Everyone is saying the pressure is on city, I would argue there is just as much pressure on the scousers. For me, this a fluke season for them, they won't be competing for titles in the next five years. If they don't achieve it this year, the chance won't come again for the forseeable and Gerrard wont get his medal, therefore there is plenty of pressure on them

Marvin said:
Seen this on Twitter
BlF7-b3IYAAFYok.jpg
Decent that lad.

Steak Bake said:
BlueSniffer said:

No pressure on Liverpool? Have you not heard the cries of "We're gonna' win the league" from the masses of Liverpool fans?

SuperYaya said:
Although Brendan Rodgers is a good manager, he is a bit of an arsehole. I reckon he'll be widely hated after a few years at Liverpool.
If he's hated in a few years, it means he's been successful.

samharris said:
Steak Bake said:
samharris said:

And we were one of the favourites until everyone saw how Moyes managed us and we quickly dissapeared into the wilderness. We just have our memories at the moment but will come good again when Moyes fucks off.

Just pointing out to your sly dig you moron...wake up ffs.

I am wide awake and making perfectly valid points. You WERE and ARE favourites to win the league, Liverpool were simply just going for Top 4 and most didn't even think they were going to make that!

City have spent an absolute fucktonne of cash on players over the last 3 or 4 years, Liverpool haven't spent nearly as much and have a far lesser squad on paper. THIS IS WHY the pressure is on City - it's been yours to lose all season, not Liverpool's. I can't stand the Bin Dippers and want you lot to win the title but don't make stuff up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.