Manchester City vs Liverpool pre-match thread (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Steak Bake said:
gungho-tactics said:
I would never swap Fernandinho for El racist Luiz Suarez.

I wouldn't want him at United either but let's face facts, Suarez would cost around £80 million at least if Real Madrid came calling! Fernandinho isn't nearly worth as much money, silly argument!
!

Nobody will buy a racist for £80 million.

Steak Bake said:
samharris said:
Steak Bake said:
I am wide awake and making perfectly valid points. You WERE and ARE favourites to win the league, Liverpool were simply just going for Top 4 and most didn't even think they were going to make that!

City have spent an absolute fucktonne of cash on players over the last 3 or 4 years, Liverpool haven't spent nearly as much and have a far lesser squad on paper. THIS IS WHY the pressure is on City - it's been yours to lose all season, not Liverpool's. I can't stand the Bin Dippers and want you lot to win the title but don't make stuff up.

Oh Im sorry,you must be refering to the City fans who have yet to realise we have mega fucking rich owners..

My bad.. Ive seen enough rags on here to see sly digs.what was it you said yesterday about dippers being your biggest game???

well youre not theirs anymore.

Liverpool v Man Utd IS our biggest fixture of the season and it will ALWAYS be theres. We hate each other, it's huge - I know you want us all to hate you but we don't, so deal with it :-)

Nows not the time rag boy.

TonyM said:
Non City supporters forget that Pellegrini is in his first season with us and has changed our style of play. Our early part of the season was a learning process and the latter half was a tough ask due to number of games. There is no pressure on Pellegrini to win the league this year. If he does then he has massively over achieved.

He is setting up the next few years to be amazing.

The media and other supporters have no idea what our club is about which mystifies me as it's all on the official website if you took a few moments to look.
Compare and contrast Pellegrini in his first season, to Moyes Man Utd who walked the Premier League last season

No one should underestimate the impact of a managerial change

I can't see City starting next season unable to win away, and then we had the crisis in confidence for Hart. We've done well to come back so strongly, and we'll be much stronger next season

TonyM said:
Non City supporters forget that Pellegrini is in his first season with us and has changed our style of play. Our early part of the season was a learning process and the latter half was a tough ask due to number of games. There is no pressure on Pellegrini to win the league this year. If he does then he has massively over achieved.

The media and other supporters have no idea what our club is about which mystifies me as it's all on the official website if you took a few moments to look.

New manager to the prem,4 new players to integrate into the team,yet for the fucking life of me I cannot recall one single reference to 'citys transition'this season...

Steak Bake said:
gungho-tactics said:
I would never swap Fernandinho for El racist Luiz Suarez.

I wouldn't want him at United either but let's face facts, Suarez would cost around £80 million at least if Real Madrid came calling! Fernandinho isn't nearly worth as much money, silly argument!

-- Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:11 am --

jrb said:
And you spend £200mill next season, on top of £77mill on 2 players this season.

What the hell has that got to to with Liverpool v Man City?!

Depends who wants a player. Suarez was worth nothing to us because we already had Aguero. On the other other hand, Fernandinho was worth £30m to us because we needed him. Mata was and is worth £37m to you and not to anyone else because you are a mid-table side in desperate need of a marquee signing. You see it's all relative.

samharris said:
TonyM said:

New manager to the prem,4 new players to integrate into the team,yet for the fucking life of me I cannot recall one single reference to 'citys transition'this season...

5 new players mate

Steak Bake said:
samharris said:
Steak Bake said:
I am wide awake and making perfectly valid points. You WERE and ARE favourites to win the league, Liverpool were simply just going for Top 4 and most didn't even think they were going to make that!

City have spent an absolute fucktonne of cash on players over the last 3 or 4 years, Liverpool haven't spent nearly as much and have a far lesser squad on paper. THIS IS WHY the pressure is on City - it's been yours to lose all season, not Liverpool's. I can't stand the Bin Dippers and want you lot to win the title but don't make stuff up.

Oh Im sorry,you must be refering to the City fans who have yet to realise we have mega fucking rich owners..

My bad.. Ive seen enough rags on here to see sly digs.what was it you said yesterday about dippers being your biggest game???

Liverpool v Man Utd IS our biggest fixture of the season and it will ALWAYS be theres. We hate each other, it's huge - I know you want us all to hate you but we don't, so deal with it :-)

we really do not give a fuck who you give a fuck about, you have become rather immaterial to us, apart from the 6 points and the plus 6 on our goal difference we took off you with such ease. However it is obvious you do not give a fuck about us, nick nack paddywack, build a bonfire and various assorted nursery rhymes pay testament to that - juvenile, irrelevant, indebted fuckwits

marco said:
Batman said:
Everyone is saying the pressure is on city, I would argue there is just as much pressure on the scousers. For me, this a fluke season for them, they won't be competing for titles in the next five years. If they don't achieve it this year, the chance won't come again for the forseeable and Gerrard wont get his medal, therefore there is plenty of pressure on them

i expect liverpool to be up there in the top 4 for a while now 'at the expense of man u' but the thing is next year they will be playing champions league which will have an impact on there title challenge, as for the presure today 'its on them' they know they have to score as the draw is better for us the longer we hold on the better they will become frustrated and we will punish them for playing cavalier football

A couple of years ago, I expected Spurs to be challenging for the CL on a regular basis, but then along came Real Madrid and took their two best assets. Regardless of how this season ends, Suarez will feel he has served penance for missing the first five games of this season and be amenable to a move to a bigger club. Might not happen this summer but would be surprised if it weren't completed by next.

BringBackSwales said:
Steak Bake said:
samharris said:

we really do not give a fuck who you give a fuck about, you have become rather immaterial to us, apart from the 6 points and the plus 6 on our goal difference we took off you with such ease. However it is obvious you do not give a fuck about us, nick nack paddywack, build a bonfire and various assorted nursery rhymes - juvenile, irrelevant, indebted fuckwits

Indeed.

Ferny more valuable than the dirty racist cannibal? As far as value to their respective clubs I think he absolutely is.

Off the top of my head I can think of Stoke away (2 dropped points), Chelsea here (3 dropped), and Sunderland Away (3 dropped) as the League matches where he didn't play for us. I'm just going from memory here, but I think Villa away (where we utterly dominated but lost), So'ton away, and Arse away were the only League matches he started in which we dropped points at all.

Bitey, on the other hand? I think the dippers won all but one of their matches during his suspension. Haven't followed them closely as to how they did with/without him other than that, but I damn well know how we play with Ferny and how we play without him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.