Moon Landing

Irwell said:
Given an equivalent budget I could land my Gran on the moon. There is absolutely nothing impressive about the moon landings as money was no object. Brute force isn't impressive, it's impressive if you achieve it with constraints in place.

The thing you are typing on had more computing power than Apollo 11. Which part of "fucking miraculous" are you struggling with?

kinkysleftfoot said:
Irwell said:
Given an equivalent budget I could land my Gran on the moon. There is absolutely nothing impressive about the moon landings as money was no object. Brute force isn't impressive, it's impressive if you achieve it with constraints in place.

An amazing amount of utter bollocks in such a short paragraph. Very impressive.

tidyman said:
Irwell said:

You could give me all the money that has ever existed in the world. Times it by a million. And I still wouldn't be able to change the fuse in a plug. Never mind build some sort of rocket thing, that could make it to the moon.
You think your average multi millionaire changes a fuse? no he gets a man in to do it for him

Irwell said:

Better not support man city then they're proper classless cnuts in your book!

But then you could always argue with all the money in the world need a dedicated backroom team to manage the project and achieve results, nevermind having the personal and professional desire to achieve something not only for yourself but a large of followers.
But then they're only putting a man on the Moon and not trying to win football trophies.

Irwell said:
twaddle.

My phone has 1,000,000 x the processing power of the computers they used. There's a constraint.

Wow just wow Irwell if I gave you 10 billion quid and 4 lifetimes I don't think you could achieve what NASA did back then with a piece of equipment that my phone is more powerful than now. The calculator I had at school had more computing power than Apollo 11. That kind of engineering would seem ridiculous to people given the amount of knowledge we have now

SWP's back said:
Irwell said:
twaddle.

My phone has 1,000,000 x the processing power of the computers they used. There's a constraint.

Can we go to the moon on your phone then?? ;)

Mëtal Bikër said:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aXuQ9Dg2gE[/youtube]
It's stuff like this is what gets me annoyed when people talk about proving the manned Moon landings. Retroreflectors aren't proof of manned Moon landings. If they were, the Soviets landed men on the Moon. It's laziness and ignorance to use that as proof, at least in isolation - such as lack of evidence for a robotic alternative like the Soviets used to get their retroreflectors on the Moon.

samharris said:
SWP's back said:
Irwell said:
twaddle.

I don't think his phone has 10 million pounds of thrust

samharris said:
SWP's back said:
Irwell said:
twaddle.

If you have a spare Saturn 5 hanging about then probably.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.