Discuss Pellegrini...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Games like this are crying out for a bit more blood and sweat, the lack of English players out on the pitch probably doesn't help in these situations where we have to go into the lion's den and show a load of heart. I thought James Milner was great when he came on and games like this are made for him to start.

Liverpool had 6 English players out there today: Gerrard, Johnson, Flanagan, Henderson, Sturridge, Sterling

I think that is a big advantage to them in big games like this that require out and out passion. Some of our players really couldn't handle it, especially in the first half. We're just a bit soft-centred sometimes as well as the defensive lapses.

Marvin said:
Any keen City fan knows City went into this game sweating on Kompany's fitness. And he made errors today you wouldn't expect

And yet there's criticism of Pellegrini? With hindsight he should not have selected Kompany. That's about as far as I would go in criticising the coach today

In fairness which team looks better to start against a team on a roll, with the crowd up for it and the emotions of hillsborough adding even more intensity the one with fern and ya ya in the middle and navas hugging the touchline and nasri on the left or one with Milner fern and ya ya as a 3 and silva and nasri tucking in when defending?

on the break either ya ya or milner joins the attack along with silva,nasri and dzeko

thenabster said:
I just realized the reopen this thread, so a repost from the postmatch thread.

The guys pisses me off so bad. He looks like grandfather watching his grand children play football on Sunday afternoons at the park, no passion, no emotion nothing. All the big and crucial games, he hasn't come through this season. We lost home and away to Chelsea, what kind of bullshit is that? We lost to Barcelona in the Champions league and everyone was patting themselves on the back like we did well because we only lost o Barcelona at home by one goal as if Barcelona are on a different planet. Now we see that we were absolute shit considering how Atletico took them out easily. They guys is has no winning bone in him. He's just content on keeping his players happy and keeping the club image clean. What's the point of beating Norwich 7-0 only to lose to Sunderland the next game? All the crucial games this season except for that Coca cola cup, we have failed to deliver. Wigan, Arsenal, Chelsea, Barcelona, Liverpool. How in the hell can a man who claims he has the best team in England lose to a D2 team at home!!?? I can't, I just can't. Actually the best analogy to his losing mentality is against Arsenal. A game where Arsenal was to the taking and Arsenal were playing on counter attack at home, the guy goes there and plays for the draw and is all happy and shit after the game when that was a must win game. Now with this lost at Liverpool we can see that we just blew it. After all when Silva equalized he was so content with the draw instead of pushing the team on to kill Liverpool once and for all. The guy just doesn't know how to win. I also said that all big managers he came up against always outfoxed him and now almost a year in it's still the same. His tactics on big games are always shit and then we have to perform gargantuan tasks to overcome the deficit of his shit tactics at half time. Just a loser. Plus don't even start with our bad luck on this goal and that goal. Mourinho has turned Terry and Cahill into a Maldini and Nesta rock solid defense. Imagine what he would have done with a Kompany.

I mean even all these injuries we have had this season with Aguero injured on top of injury on top of injury. This is no bad luck thing, its him bringing along archaic, prehistoric training methods to the team and his shit medical team from I don't know where. I remember last year I was watching Brendan Rodgers Being Liverpool thing and how he talked about improving the training methods to get the best out of the players without tiring them and also pushing more and more sports science in the medical staff. Look at the difference, Rodgers has been able to maintain a crooked Gerrard fit all year while we have cascades of injuries all year around.

Now about his transfers, I just can't. I think he basically took his shopping list from Malaga and bought them for our team. We are in need of a 50 goal per season striker after losing Tevez. The guy takes a chunk of the 100m pounds they gave him and buys a mid-table liga striker, to spear head our attack, not as a bench option. Then he buys Navas, granted that I like Navas, he's a bench option not a Bale/Ronaldo type of width player that we need. Now the worst of them all, Jovetic. He loses out on Isco, so what does he decide to do? He takes 30m and buys an Aguero bis who is 10 times more injury prone. 30m for a player that won't play if Aguero is healthy and fit. 30 m for a bench player. Now added to the fact that even when Jovetic is fit, they guy leaves him at home. Dude, you spent 30m for him, what was the fucken point? He wasted our transfer kitty on his shit Malaga shopping list and now we have 60m more expensive bench. I just can't with him anymore. It's funny his bias to English players because no he's getting raped to the title buy a manger that has a team full of English players. How is Sturridge looking to Negredo now? Or Sterling to Navas? The guys pisses me off,sometimes I just want to go tell him to go back to Chile and leave us alone. I really wonder if we should just abort this MP experiment and install Veira as coach. After all he has done wonders with the EDS and is still young and can be molded.

You know what's even funnier, when he lost the title to Barcelona with Real he kept alluding to how he got 96 points. I can't wait when we lose the title he starts saying things like we scored the most goals of any team in a season or some bullshit like that. No one cares man. If you win the league with 65 points, you'll still be better than a manager that scores 200 goals in the season and comes out 4th.

Let me add that you don't sack a Mancini to replace him with a Pellegrini. That's like managers at the same level. If you want to take the club to the next level, sack a Mancini to get a Guardiola, a Klopp or something or build up a new young superstar manager like Rodgers.

Anyway that's what I had to say, we might still win the title and I'll take back a few things I've said here and next year I know he'll still be manager and I'll still support him as a City fan. But yeah.

cityok said:
Did nothing wrong today for me today, played Clichy played Navas, inform Dzeko - Yaya coming off wasn't in the game plan - Milner never starts, he's a game changer and couldn't last 90 minutes anyway.

Where exactly did Mr Pellegrini go wrong?

It was the players not containing them for the first 30 minutes that did us, everything was setup to do that.

did anyone complain when the team sheet was read out, or did it look as strong as fuck?

Milner could last 180 minutes you balloon.

thenabster said:
I just realized the reopen this thread, so a repost from the postmatch thread.

The guys pisses me off so bad. He looks like grandfather watching his grand children play football on Sunday afternoons at the park, no passion, no emotion nothing. All the big and crucial games, he hasn't come through this season. We lost home and away to Chelsea, what kind of bullshit is that? We lost to Barcelona in the Champions league and everyone was patting themselves on the back like we did well because we only lost o Barcelona at home by one goal as if Barcelona are on a different planet. Now we see that we were absolute shit considering how Atletico took them out easily. They guys is has no winning bone in him. He's just content on keeping his players happy and keeping the club image clean. What's the point of beating Norwich 7-0 only to lose to Sunderland the next game? All the crucial games this season except for that Coca cola cup, we have failed to deliver. Wigan, Arsenal, Chelsea, Barcelona, Liverpool. How in the hell can a man who claims he has the best team in England lose to a D2 team at home!!?? I can't, I just can't. Actually the best analogy to his losing mentality is against Arsenal. A game where Arsenal was to the taking and Arsenal were playing on counter attack at home, the guy goes there and plays for the draw and is all happy and shit after the game when that was a must win game. Now with this lost at Liverpool we can see that we just blew it. After all when Silva equalized he was so content with the draw instead of pushing the team on to kill Liverpool once and for all. The guy just doesn't know how to win. I also said that all big managers he came up against always outfoxed him and now almost a year in it's still the same. His tactics on big games are always shit and then we have to perform gargantuan tasks to overcome the deficit of his shit tactics at half time. Just a loser. Plus don't even start with our bad luck on this goal and that goal. Mourinho has turned Terry and Cahill into a Maldini and Nesta rock solid defense. Imagine what he would have done with a Kompany.

I mean even all these injuries we have had this season with Aguero injured on top of injury on top of injury. This is no bad luck thing, its him bringing along archaic, prehistoric training methods to the team and his shit medical team from I don't know where. I remember last year I was watching Brendan Rodgers Being Liverpool thing and how he talked about improving the training methods to get the best out of the players without tiring them and also pushing more and more sports science in the medical staff. Look at the difference, Rodgers has been able to maintain a crooked Gerrard fit all year while we have cascades of injuries all year around.

Now about his transfers, I just can't. I think he basically took his shopping list from Malaga and bought them for our team. We are in need of a 50 goal per season striker after losing Tevez. The guy takes a chunk of the 100m pounds they gave him and buys a mid-table liga striker, to spear head our attack, not as a bench option. Then he buys Navas, granted that I like Navas, he's a bench option not a Bale/Ronaldo type of width player that we need. Now the worst of them all, Jovetic. He loses out on Isco, so what does he decide to do? He takes 30m and buys an Aguero bis who is 10 times more injury prone. 30m for a player that won't play if Aguero is healthy and fit. 30 m for a bench player. Now added to the fact that even when Jovetic is fit, they guy leaves him at home. Dude, you spent 30m for him, what was the fucken point? He wasted our transfer kitty on his shit Malaga shopping list and now we have 60m more expensive bench. I just can't with him anymore. It's funny his bias to English players because no he's getting raped to the title buy a manger that has a team full of English players. How is Sturridge looking to Negredo now? Or Sterling to Navas? The guys pisses me off,sometimes I just want to go tell him to go back to Chile and leave us alone. I really wonder if we should just abort this MP experiment and install Veira as coach. After all he has done wonders with the EDS and is still young and can be molded.

You know what's even funnier, when he lost the title to Barcelona with Real he kept alluding to how he got 96 points. I can't wait when we lose the title he starts saying things like we scored the most goals of any team in a season or some bullshit like that. No one cares man. If you win the league with 65 points, you'll still be better than a manager that scores 200 goals in the season and comes out 4th.

Anyway that's what I had to say, we might still win the title and I'll take back a few things I've said here and next year I know he'll still be manager and I'll still support him as a City fan. But yeah.

When did Tevez score 50 goals in a season? without checking stats has Tevez ever scored 25 goals in a season?

I don't see how anyone can criticize his selection of kompany. If kompany says he's fit and the doctors agree, he is in the team. If I was pellers I would have done the same.
Navas over Milner though, that was a poor one. Milner loves the big games and always shows up.

Negative for Pellegrini today..Starting with Navas instead of Milner and taking Dzeko off yes Dzeko for Aguero when I thought he was bossing dipperpools defence.

Positives for Pellegrini..His team talk must have been amazing at half time.

Our away performances against the big guns is simply not good enough. Arsenal away 1 pt.Chelsea,Liverpool-0 pts..

He deserves another season for sure but this one isnt over yet..I hope.

Eaglechief said:
Pelligrini........the big game bottler.

Looking that way. Especially away from home.

Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea away.....1 point. Everton to come. Will we win there?

You have to win your share of the big games.

Marvin said:
Any keen City fan knows City went into this game sweating on Kompany's fitness. And he made errors today you wouldn't expect

And yet there's criticism of Pellegrini? With hindsight he should not have selected Kompany. That's about as far as I would go in criticising the coach today

Garbage.

You tell how any of his fuckups were to do with fitness. None.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.