James Milner

Milner is just your typical brain-dead English footballer, he plays totally off instinct, very rarely will you see him play with real footballing intelligence, get his head up, spot a runner, see the bigger picture. It's why England are shit at international level, we breed brain-dead footballers like Milner.

Sometimes it will come off for him, especially when he's a sub against tired full backs, but generally it's all too predictable and there's just no plan B with him, he's such a one-dimensional player that if he finds a match in the full back, that's the end of game for him.

He tried, but nothing was done by him. Missed every pass, stopped many attacks when ball got to him, he was shaking his head far too mch.

there is no way you can go in 3 days from playing that well vs Pool, than playing so bad next time you start.

Before the game, many including me asked why isnt he starting more. Now I know the answer.

Had a stat about him few days ago, he started 8 games in the league, won only 3 of them.
Now its 9 games started, and 3 only won of them.

Not sure we have any other player with worse won games/started games %.

John.des said:
He tried, but nothing was done by him. Missed every pass, stopped many attacks when ball got to him, he was shaking his head far too mch.

there is no way you can go in 3 days from playing that well vs Pool, than playing so bad next time you start.

Before the game, many including me asked why isnt he starting more. Now I know the answer.

Had a stat about him few days ago, he started 8 games in the league, won only 3 of them.
Now its 9 games started, and 3 only won of them.

Not sure we have any other player with worse won games/started games %.
Not sure myself but he managed it he was pissed off the right from the start screaming when a ball went for a throw instead of a corner.he was total dogshit which is so unlike him with no apparent reason.

nice neil said:
I've said for a long time that Milner does let you down after working so hard to get into great positions. His choice of pass is/was shocking. He wasn't alone tonight though. We didn't half look ordinary without yaya and Silva. And Negredo is doing a good impression of wellbeck at the moment.

It's like you talking about Navas too. Get the run, beat the player for a yard, then hit the ball as hard as you can to the next one while trying to make a cross, and get corner at most.

Only just home, and he was awful, but he's not a right winger, he's not creative, and he's not a central midfielder, he tried all three roles tonight, except one, he's far better on the left every time he plays there. Should have been replaced at half time, and certainly sometime in the second half. I won't slate him though he's not as bad as some of the comments I've read here (only seen the last 2 pages), yes he had a bad game, and you're only ever as good as your last game.

MSP said:
nice neil said:
I've said for a long time that Milner does let you down after working so hard to get into great positions. His choice of pass is/was shocking. He wasn't alone tonight though. We didn't half look ordinary without yaya and Silva. And Negredo is doing a good impression of wellbeck at the moment.

It's like you talking about Navas too. Get the run, beat the player for a yard, then hit the ball as hard as you can to the next one while trying to make a cross, and get corner at most.
Navas makes better decisions and finds his man in important situations. Milner usually lets you down just when you need a cool head.

OB1 said:
I have said repeatedly over the season that no player is overrated by so many City supporters. He does not start many games for a good reason.
Spot on,i've always said this too.Fuckin Jimmy lad this,Jimmy lad that,now hopefully why you can see he is just a squad member !

He's not bad. He's just rather one dimensional in his play. He would have been great a few years ago but the technicalities seems to now be passing him by. Shame as he's a trier, of course.

JamesA said:
Milner is just your typical brain-dead English footballer, he plays totally off instinct, very rarely will you see him play with real footballing intelligence, get his head up, spot a runner, see the bigger picture. It's why England are shit at international level, we breed brain-dead footballers like Milner.

Sometimes it will come off for him, especially when he's a sub against tired full backs, but generally it's all too predictable and there's just no plan B with him, he's such a one-dimensional player that if he finds a match in the full back, that's the end of game for him.

This is JM ^^

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.