Lack of pace

Danielmanc said:
LoveCity said:
Look what Bale did tonight. We have absolutely no wide option like that in this team. We were playing faster earlier this season, now it's gone back to the monotonous pass-and-hope-a-gap-appears of the Mancini era.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qS-OFRYP0Q[/youtube]

You mean that Mancini era when we won the FA Cup and the Premier League ?

More along the lines of last season when his style stagnated as teams understood us more and adjusted tactically (actually, that started circa December 2011 and we should have won the league much easier - not that I would change it for anything - but multiplied last season).

LoveCity said:
Danielmanc said:
LoveCity said:
Look what Bale did tonight. We have absolutely no wide option like that in this team. We were playing faster earlier this season, now it's gone back to the monotonous pass-and-hope-a-gap-appears of the Mancini era.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qS-OFRYP0Q[/youtube]

More along the lines of last season when his style stagnated as teams understood us more (actually, that started circa December 2011 and we should have won the league much easier - not that I would change it for anything - but multiplied last season).

Oh you mean the Mancini era when we came second in the league then - hope we can match that this season

Danielmanc said:
LoveCity said:
Danielmanc said:

More along the lines of last season when his style stagnated as teams understood us more (actually, that started circa December 2011 and we should have won the league much easier - not that I would change it for anything - but multiplied last season).

Oh you mean the Mancini era when we came second in the league then - hope we can match that this season

I'm not interested in a pissing match, I am saying our attacking football has deteriorated back to last season (and our defending is worse). We've scored 22 more league goals this season, because earlier in the season we played with more pace and intensity. Now it's back to how it was last season where we look bereft of ideas besides passing it sideways and hoping a gap appears in a compact defence.

LoveCity said:
Danielmanc said:
LoveCity said:

I'm not interested in a pissing match, I am saying our attacking football has deteriorated back to last season (and our defending is worse). We've scored 22 more league goals this season, because earlier in the season we played with more pace and intensity. Now it's back to how it was last season where we look bereft of ideas besides passing it sideways and hoping a gap appears in a compact defence.

Fair enough but it doesn't really prove anything. Winning by 6 goals in one match doesn't really count for anything if you can't wine by 1 goal in another match (like tonight)

Agree definite lack of pace and width in the team, same as last season as it wasn't really addressed in summer. Navas has been hit and miss and is still the only one genuine wide player with pace we have in the first team squad.

Teams doing exactly the same to stop us, stay very narrow, pack the central areas, let us struggle to break them down and then counter attack us when we start throwing too many bodies forward.

We are desperately in need of a Hazard/Bale type player who can do a bit of everything from wide and cutting in to give us that extra spark rather than a ton of pass-pass-pass type players. I'd love us to get Reus in summer.

JamesA said:
Agree definite lack of pace and width in the team, same as last season as it wasn't really addressed in summer. Navas has been hit and miss and is still the only one genuine wide player with pace we have in the first team squad.

Teams doing exactly the same to stop us, stay very narrow, pack the central areas, let us struggle to break them down and then counter attack us when we start throwing too many bodies forward.

We are desperately in need of a Hazard/Bale type player who can do a bit of everything from wide and cutting in to give us that extra spark rather than a ton of pass-pass-pass type players. I'd love us to get Reus in summer.

messi or suarez and reus

JamesA said:

Definitely him. Hoping we focus mainly on defense and central midfield this summer but as far as attack is concerned, he is just what we are looking for. Pace, goals and willingness to run at defenders.

NoahCity said:
JamesA said:

Definitely him. Hoping we focus mainly on defense and central midfield this summer but as far as attack is concerned, he is just what we are looking for. Pace, goals and willingness to run at defenders.

If we bought him then nasri would kick off

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.